What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

eelpout

I went to Best Buy this afternoon since that is where I purchased mine on 12/30. I told them about my dimming screen and the Lot 1351. They looked through all 8 128gb units and had 1 that was Lot 1351 and gladly swapped with me. The rest were 1348 and 1350...
That's cool. I hope the Best Buy I exchange mine at for the video banding thing is as easy going about it. And now that it looks like lot #1350 is safe as well, that will make it easier on them to sort through.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I would like to hear from others about whether or not they feel that their new tablet is better since upgrading to the 4300u. I have noticed 2 improvements for me but I realize that they may have nothing to do with the 4300u, it might just be a better tablet than what I had but then again, that's why I would like to hear from others. Enough with similar results wipes any any doubt!

My 2 improvements are 1) no screen flicker/dimming whatsoever and 2) Tablet wakes up consistently without having to push the power button. The jury is still out on this as I've only been playing with this for 2-3 hours but it was real noticeable before.

gw1974

Hi just wonder where abouts is the lot number located so when I go into the shop to buy one I can see if they have a lot number 1350 or above,is it a sticker on the box or do you have to take the tablet out to find it,any chance someone can take a photo to show the lot number.

I actually purchased a 256GB surface pro 2 a couple of days ago and yesterday I took it back for a refund because it was the older model,but I didn't think to looks for lot numbers before returning the tablet.

Last edited:
OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Hi just wonder where abouts is the lot number located so when I go into the shop to buy one I can see if they have a lot number 1350 or above,is it a sticker on the box or do you have to take the tablet out to find it,any chance someone can take a photo to show the lot number.

I actually purchased a 256GB surface pro 2 a couple of days ago and yesterday I took it back for a refund because it was the older model,but I didn't think to looks for lot numbers before returning the tablet.

It is on the bottom long skinny edge of the box and it is located between the two bar code looking numbers. It is small print. Just remember that the 13 stands for 2013 and the 50 stands for the fiftieth week of the year. We know that 1348 hasn't worked out for anyone so far but no one has said anything about 1349.

Last edited:

gw1974

It is on the bottom long skinny edge of the box and it is located between the two bar code looking numbers. It is small print. Just remember that the 13 stands for 2013 and the 50 stands for the fiftieth week of the year. We know that 1348 hasn't worked out for anyone so far but no one has said anything about 1349.

Thanks for that at least I know what to look for now,so is it definitely guaranteed do you think if I got a lot 1350 or 1351 above that I would have the new 4300u,I just don't like my chances of being able to take it back a second time if I end up with the old model again.

strykerpsg

I would love to take mine back, but have had it just over 30 days now. Figures, not even 2 months old and a newer processor comes out, same price but greater performance.

gw1974

I would love to take mine back, but have had it just over 30 days now. Figures, not even 2 months old and a newer processor comes out, same price but greater performance.

Yeah I was lucky it was only a day old with a couple of hours use,I mean to me I know in my own mind that the difference between the 4200u and the 4300u I wouldn't notice in normal day use,all the virtualization features don't mean much to me I would never use them.

It's just the fact that when I bought that old 4200u the other day it was basically outdated hardware the minute I walked out of the shop which is annoying when you pay $1469,and plus it devalues it when you go to sell it down the track as well.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Thanks for that at least I know what to look for now,so is it definitely guaranteed do you think if I got a lot 1350 or 1351 above that I would have the new 4300u,I just don't like my chances of being able to take it back a second time if I end up with the old model again.

1351 for sure and yes one person has said that 1350 as well.

DatabaseNinja

Just to confirm... Lot 1349 is the older 4200U processor. I may be one of the lucky people who got the last batch of old processors. I now understand that Lot 1351 is 'safe' for the new processor and that 1350 is likely 'safe' because one person here said that it was the 4300U processor.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Just to confirm... Lot 1349 is the older 4200U processor. I may be one of the lucky people who got the last batch of old processors. I now understand that Lot 1351 is 'safe' for the new processor and that 1350 is likely 'safe' because one person here said that it was the 4300U processor.

I'm not sure about lot 1349 as no one has reported anything on it. Here is what I know from this thread and another...

Several people have Lot 1351 and it is the 4300u
1 person has the Lot 1350 and it is the 4300u
No one has reported on Lot 1349 that I know of
Several people have Lot 1348 and it has 4200u

DatabaseNinja

I can confirm that lot 1349 is the OLD processor. I just swapped my unit at the local Microsoft Store (Surface was a Christmas present so I fell within the return window) and received one with Lot 1352 and can validate that it is the new 4300u processor.