What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

tinycg

My warranty exchange was a lot 1348, not surprisingly has a 4200u. Would have loved a 4300u unit but this one at least seems much better than what I had.

tinycg

Yeah, the reality is the cpu bump got me motivated enough to realize that I shouldn't accept these problems and to look into a replacement.

CandyNJ

I just got my new Surface Pro 2 from Best Buy. I told the salesperson about the number 1350 on the box and he returned with one. Of course, I opened the box IN the store. To my delight as you can see from the picture, I do indeed have the new updated SP 2 4300 1.9 ghz

image.jpg

benjitek

[BLAH BLAH BLAH]...the addition of LTE with a future gen of the Surface will not render the previous version obsolete based on LTE...[BLAH BLAH BLAH]

It's nice to have the choice though. I can add 30 days of non-renewing LTE before a trip and use WiFi the rest of the year. I rarely activate mine, but am very glad that chip is in there when I do :)

benjitek

For anyone considering the 512GB SP2 from the Microsoft online store -- it's the older version. I ordered on 1/10 -- received it on 1/13: Lot #1348 :-(

crash1977

For anyone considering the 512GB SP2 from the Microsoft online store -- it's the older version. I ordered on 1/10 -- received it on 1/13: Lot #1348 :-(

Same here... I ordered on the 12th... shipped yesterday, received today. Lot 1348.

Return it and wait a few weeks? Called Microsoft customer service and they said they had no idea and offered me a refund. For $1799 at this point.. may as well wait for the faster processor.

Pentad

Same here... I ordered on the 12th... shipped yesterday, received today. Lot 1348.

Return it and wait a few weeks? Called Microsoft customer service and they said they had no idea and offered me a refund. For $1799 at this point.. may as well wait for the faster processor.

I had the same issue. I really like the SP2 and want the 512GB version but the new CPU offers some features I would really use. It is a real pain not being able to just order what you want.

-P