What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

crash1977

Hello all, just an update:

I will receive my SP2 tomorrow. I ordered mine (SP2 512GB) on 01/15 so I am a bit nervous since Crash1977 got the old CPU even though he was promised the 4300. Though Inkyrag got the new one.

I also screwed up Ontario, CA. Inkrag was right. D'oh!

I wanted overnight shipping but the guy accidentally setup standard shipping. We'll see tomorrow.

I have two refunds coming from MS (both SP2 512GB that I sent back). The folks in India keep telling me that it should appear on my credit card but my bank does not have any info on it yet. I really hope I don't have to send another one back. :-(

I will post tomorrow on what arrives.

-P

Did you get the email from ms saying they received the product and a refund is processed ? I got this email yesterday. Working in the industry I know it will take at least 4 business days to post to my statement .

bamaster

I raised a pretty big stink on a Surface Support chat session (without being rude, of course). Since I purchased the Extended Warranty, they offered to replace mine through Standard Exchange. That means I had to send mine in to their return center and then after inspection they would send me a replacement. It arrives tomorrow and I expect it to the i5-4300U CPU (256/8 GB version). Mine was in mint condition, I hope they don't send me a refurb... I mean how many refurbs can they have of this model?

The process will take over a week to complete. I'm glad I have a backup computer (Lenovo Helix) to use while my much preferred Surface Pro 2 is being swapped out for an updated device.

jefhart

I raised a pretty big stink on a Surface Support chat session (without being rude, of course). Since I purchased the Extended Warranty, they offered to replace mine through Standard Exchange. That means I had to send mine in to their return center and then after inspection they would send me a replacement. It arrives tomorrow and I expect it to the i5-4300U CPU (256/8 GB version). Mine was in mint condition, I hope they don't send me a refurb... I mean how many refurbs can they have of this model?

The process will take over a week to complete. I'm glad I have a backup computer (Lenovo Helix) to use while my much preferred Surface Pro 2 is being swapped out for an updated device.

I got mine back yesterday using the Advanced Exchange and got another 4200u. It came in a brown box but looks brand new. How do you tell if it is a refurb?

bamaster

I got mine back yesterday using the Advanced Exchange and got another 4200u. It came in a brown box but looks brand new. How do you tell if it is a refurb?

Was it being exchanged FOR a unit with updated CPU? That's the only reason mine was being sent back. If I get an old unit I'll take it to a retain store for an exchange.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

On the box the SP2 comes in, near the serial number, etc. "LOT NO. / DATE: 1352" (my SP2). Date is in YYWW, year & week of manufacture.

I couldn't find a lot number on the box. Is there somewhere on the surface itself either written or digital somewhere?

No sir it should be there on the outside of the Surface Pro 2 Box. The actual box that the tablet comes in. It is small print!

Nagra

Hi! I just ordered a SP 2 (128GB) today from the MicrosoftStore.com.

I called support to verify that i could get the new CPU, but they couldn't tell if I were getting the new or the old.

Has anyone ordered a SP 2 (128GB) from the MicrosoftStore.com in Europe and gotten the new 4300U? I think they are all send from a warehouse in The Netherlands..
Wondering about the same here.
My replacement was shipped today (from .nl) and i´m hoping to a) get a new one, not refurbished and maybe even an upgraded (1.9 CPU) one.

benjitek

After following someone's advice in this forum, calling and saying I wanted a 512GB unit with the new processor -- the agent assured me he 'called the warehouse' to make sure it would happen, I received my 2nd 4200 SP2 now (lot 1350). One a side note, the SP2 received today runs >very< hot to the touch, much more so than my first one.

Am on the phone now dealing with it. Asked to speak with a supervisor, though I doubt such a thing exists there. About 10 minutes of music-on-hold, which was replaced with some other sort of hold with a 'please wait' being repeated every 10 seconds. At no time did the agent come back to the line to explain what was going on, where I was being transferred, etc. After 10 minutes of 'please-wait', back to music, and then back to a brand new regular non-supervisor sales agent -- the first one just put me back in the queue. The new agent did get me in touch with a supervisor, but first transferred me to a 'store representative', very annoying as each transfer along the line involves re-explaining my purchase history for 2 SP2's and my reason for calling. I went from 'store-representative' to 'store-supervisor', she explained there wasn't anything she could do and that it needed to be escalated to a 'technical supervisor', which she did and said I would hear back withing 4 days.

They should pay Apple consulting fees and have their customer service revamped :-(

Last edited: