What's new

Surface Pro 2 All Dressed Up!

Sir Face

Since the SP2's finish can be so easily damaged, I decided to get mine a Skinomi Carbon Fiber skin just to avoid scrapes and marks. I was really more concerned with protection than appearance although the finished product looks pretty spiffy to me. I've used Skinomi products in the past on several gadgets including my Pebble Smartwatch and they really work great. They're very easy to apply as well. The kit also comes with a clear screen protector as well, but I decided to forgo it.

Attachments

• SP2 Carbon Fiber.jpg
    SP2 Carbon Fiber.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 2,131
  • SP2 Carbon Fiber (2).jpg
    SP2 Carbon Fiber (2).jpg
    443 KB · Views: 3,489
  • SP2 Carbon Fiber.jpg
    SP2 Carbon Fiber.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 1,733
Last edited:

kundas1

Shweet luv the carbon fiber look of some skins, SOME skins colors look washed out and fake, that skin looks nice!

Erilyon

I always wondered, does the adhesive leaves traces when you remove it ? I've always been afraid of skins for that reason. Did any of you tried to remove it ? And if yes, how did it went ?

jamesk

I always wondered, does the adhesive leaves traces when you remove it ? I've always been afraid of skins for that reason. Did any of you tried to remove it ? And if yes, how did it went ?

I removed my skins a few times when I had my units replaced. They leave no residue but take off some of the "Surface" logo on the bottom of the kickstand. The logo with just look a little faded.

I don't use a skin anymore. I like how it looks without anything on it.

Erilyon

I'm always torn between the look of the device and the fear of scratching it (especially with apple device where the resell value is super high if untouched).

But I have my eye on this one (back only) :
Black_stealth_Matte_WM_1024x1024.jpg
It seems to have the best of both worlds : same color as the SP2 + scratch protection.

be77solo

Looks great Sir Face!

I'm always torn between the look of the device and the fear of scratching it (especially with apple device where the resell value is super high if untouched).

View attachment 1826
It seems to have the best of both worlds : same color as the SP2 + scratch protection.

I do like that black!

Curious to all those that have skinned: do the skins trap heat and make the device run hotter?

beq

View attachment 1826
The reason I didn't order this black stealth matte color from Stickerboy is that it supposedly "has super smooth Matte finish industrial finish with no texture" so I wasn't sure if it provides any better grip than the naked Surface. But if the color is indeed identical, I'd reconsider! Could you by any chance confirm if this is the case?

P.S. In comparison the regular black matte color "has fine powder coated, light sand grit matte industrial finish".