What's new

Surface Pro 2 and ThinkOrSwim

dreamliner

Greetings all,

I'm wondering if anyone who has a Surface Pro 2 uses the Think or Swim trading platform from TD Ameritrade. If you're unfamiliar with Think or Swim it is a fairly specialized stock and options trading platform (see pic below). I'm just wondering if this trading platform is usable with Surface Pro 2.

Here is a pic of it. Thank you in advance if anyone uses this trading platform with Surface Pro 2:

MSFT.jpg

CrippsCorner

Seems like a lot of information for the small Surface screen! But, it should work, if this software is compatible with Windows 8. Perhaps they can inform you on their website?

Rvacha

I run TOS on my SPs and it works very well. I don't try to trade on the SPs though, screen is a bit cramped. Charts are a bit tough, I never use anything more than a 2x2 configuration and even 1x2 feels tight if you are running several studies on them. And of course TOS is hopelessly anti-touch, you have to have a mouse. With that said if you are addicted to the platform, there's nothing better than having it available 24/7 on the SP

OP
D

dreamliner

Aha, perfect, thank you so much. That is really good to hear, and is the last thing I was waiting on. I just ordered my SP 2. You should get a commission :).

I run TOS on my SPs and it works very well. I don't try to trade on the SPs though, screen is a bit cramped. Charts are a bit tough, I never use anything more than a 2x2 configuration and even 1x2 feels tight if you are running several studies on them. And of course TOS is hopelessly anti-touch, you have to have a mouse. With that said if you are addicted to the platform, there's nothing better than having it available 24/7 on the SP