What's new

Surface Pro 2, Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition and Arc Touch Mouse SE settings app

D1vad

My Surface Pro 2 and Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition isn't seen by the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Settings Application. Even when I use it to launch the application...

Screenshot (10).png

It is however seen by the Surface Pro 2

jollywombat

My Surface Pro 2 and Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition isn't seen by the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Settings Application. Even when I use it to launch the application...

View attachment 1358

It is however seen by the Surface Pro 2

I have the Surface Pro 2 and the Surface Edition of the Arc Mouse and it is seen and able to be configured by the settings application correctly. It should be prompting you for permission to read and modify settings for the mouse however before it will be able to do anything.

Doublepugman

I have the Surface Pro 2 and the Surface Edition of the Arc Mouse and it is seen and able to be configured by the settings application correctly. It should be prompting you for permission to read and modify settings for the mouse however before it will be able to do anything.

Anyone have luck sorting this out? I am having the same problem. When I run the app, I am not prompted for permissions. The app simply tells me that the device is not detected.

daniielrp

Anyone have luck sorting this out? I am having the same problem. When I run the app, I am not prompted for permissions. The app simply tells me that the device is not detected.

When you open the app, swipe in from the right side to open the Charms menu, then press settings. You should then have a permissions button - does anything show in here?

fsphill

My understanding from the Microsoft Forum is that Microsoft recognizes this as a known problem and promises a solution, but I assume this is not a high priority because they have known about the bug since the product was released. I just bought one and it is not recognized. I think Microsoft should withdraw the software until it is corrected or at least warn purchasers that the product does not work as advertised.

svefro

I have been in contact with surface support today and after going through some fault finding steps with them (Reinstall app,repair,2 button shutdown,custom diagcab) they are going to send me a new mouse. the support guy also told me it was an issue they had heard of before.

by the way. Are you getting smooth scrolling with your mouse?
That is the main thing i'm missing with this mouse.

beq

Me too! Got 2 of these mice to try with 4 SP2's months ago, and have had this problem with all of them from the beginning.

Rudy

The App stopped working. I bought the mouse four or five months ago. Pretty much use it daily. Installed the app after purchase. It worked then. Used it once or twice after installing it. Tried it a few minutes ago and it shows the 1, 2, 3 Retry window from the thread starter.

The mouse has been working just fine. [Well, it drops connections sometimes, and the scroll wheel sometimes stops working -- but it comes right back after smashing it flat, aka power cycling.]

Removed the App and re-installed. Previously "Permissions" from the charms menu had a slider switch. Now it shows "This App has permission to use: PC Custom Functionality". Let's see, there's a "support" item on the charms menu which invokes a browser onto the page "Dream. Do. Meet Surface."

Darn it. Deleting the App and forgetting about it seems the straight forward response. I think silencing the scroll wheel click was the only useful thing it did for me. Of course if someone has spent the time bringing it back from issue land, I'd be eager to hear the process. ["Try windows refresh", wouldn't count.]

Rudy

The App stopped working. I bought the mouse four or five months ago. Pretty much use it daily. Installed the app after purchase. It worked then. Used it once or twice after installing it. Tried it a few minutes ago and it shows the 1, 2, 3 Retry window from the thread starter.

It's working now. I don't remember checking it since May. I'm unaware of any action of mine that might have fixed it. I think the App been installed since May, at least I didn't re-install it today. The mouse continues my primary pointing device.

I don't know how to track software releases from the store. I'm familiar with the log for the traditional patch Tuesday Windows update -- but I suspect store apps don't participate. Would appreciate if anyone knows how to view an installation update log for store apps ...

And surface edition Arc mouse continues OK. As stated elsewhere, it needs to be power cycled every other day, or so, when scrolling stops working. My personal power-cycling metaphor has shifted from "time to smash it flat", to "time to break its little back". [Probably too much information...]