What's new

Surface Pro 2 Charger Port Scratches

ALLCAPS

Not trying to sound like a hater, or a snob, or whatever negative word you want to use, but all those sticker/vinyl cover things look tacky as hell. It's like, you buy this beautiful device, and cover it with stickers like it's a trapper keeper. Whyyyy. It looks worse than any wear and tear ever could.

oion

Not trying to sound like a hater, or a snob, or whatever negative word you want to use, but all those sticker/vinyl cover things look tacky as hell. It's like, you buy this beautiful device, and cover it with stickers like it's a trapper keeper. Whyyyy. It looks worse than any wear and tear ever could.

1) Personalization. Some people just like designs to identify a device as theirs. They're removable anyway.

2) VaporMg absolutely sucks for fingerprints. Nothing speaks "sleek and cool" like a fingerprint-laden grease-bomb, that's for sure. And textured skins give better grip for actual tablet use.

3) Bare protection against potential scratches, as discussed here. This matters a whole lot less for the Surface 2 because the case has no veneer so the color will always be the same, but any scratches or flaking off a VaporMg case that shows the silver underneath can get hideous (see that other recent thread about peeling).

mjgerrard

I just ordered from Stickerboy as I too have very minor scuffs around the very edges of the charging and USB port - after 6 days!!

CrippsCorner

Totally agree dude. I know plenty of people who buy a beautiful device from Apple or Microsoft and then cover it to make it look like something from... Samsung
starstruck.png

I'd much rather have a slightly scratched phone or tablet than a tacky one... but each to their own!