What's new

Surface Pro 2 - Hanging in BIOS Screen during Boot (even after the FW "Fix")

Nagra

Hey there,

i have the following problem with my SP2.
I always end up in the Bios Screen after powering it up. No matter if the type cover that i own is attached or how i powered it down/reseted the device.

The only thing that helps then: Hold the power button for 10secs. Power it off that way. Wait 1 Minute, cross my fingers ...and every x-try i´m lucky and it finally boots. If not: It reboots into the bios and sometimes in a blue screen with a "your device needs to be repaired" message.

Did anyone encounter a similar behaviour or knows how to fix that? :)

drolem

Probably the SSD is not recognized, or become corrupted.

You can verify that by plugging in some WinPE bootable USB drive and try to boot from that -- if it boots from that, the above is at least 95% certain.

Call MS and ask for an exchange.

benjitek

Hey there,

i have the following problem with my SP2.
I always end up in the Bios Screen after powering it up. No matter if the type cover that i own is attached or how i powered it down/reseted the device.

The only thing that helps then: Hold the power button for 10secs. Power it off that way. Wait 1 Minute, cross my fingers ...and every x-try i´m lucky and it finally boots. If not: It reboots into the bios and sometimes in a blue screen with a "your device needs to be repaired" message.

Did anyone encounter a similar behaviour or knows how to fix that? :)

What did tech support say when you called them?

wseverino

Mine would do the same thing. Sometimes boot, sometimes stuck on the UEFI, sometimes the repair screen. MS had to replace my unit although it took them a frigging month. I'm not bitter am I?

OP
N

Nagra

Mine would do the same thing. Sometimes boot, sometimes stuck on the UEFI, sometimes the repair screen. MS had to replace my unit although it took them a frigging month. I'm not bitter am I?

yeah, that´s exactly what mine is doing.
tech support via phone = forget about that here in germany :)
so i just asked them to send me a new one. let´s wait and see how long it takes them.