What's new

Surface Pro 2 Reviews and Videos

OP
D

demandarin

Demandarin - thanks for spoon feeding me. On the road - checked this site. So nice to see those consolidated in one thread. Great job!

No problem. I just figured it'd be so much better like this. One stop for all reviews from tech sites, etc. Not having to go all over the place looking for them. Surface brain overload..haha I'm sure it'll help people deciding whether to go for one or not. Pro2 is looking really good so far though.

kristalsoldier

Did you check control panel> appearance and personalization> personalization? Like if you click on the lines and color one, then go to bottom of page then press desktop background, you will see several themes appear. Not just 3 it says on previous screen. Now those are present on my RT also. I'll check that video out shortly to see if its the same ones I'm thinking.

Thanks! That did it!

LeTeygra

anyone have/handle a surface Pro 1. is it honestly "heavy". i had an iPad mini, then i used my brothers iPad and i thought that was heavy. however its just getting used to a weight. never would i think a 2lb tablet would be an issue.

a lot of these reviews state that as a con. but from true users. it seems weight is hardly an issue. and in that case it really should not be a negative that pulls down the review.

unless its truly that heavy..

i ordered the pro 2. gosh i hope it delivers tomorrow to Canada.

(btw first time poster EVER..but i live off reading these forums on every blog/ tech site) figure i start with people who understand a good product :p

OP
D

demandarin

anyone have/handle a surface Pro 1. is it honestly "heavy". i had an iPad mini, then i used my brothers iPad and i thought that was heavy. however its just getting used to a weight. never would i think a 2lb tablet would be an issue.

a lot of these reviews state that as a con. but from true users. it seems weight is hardly an issue. and in that case it really should not be a negative that pulls down the review.

unless its truly that heavy..

i ordered the pro 2. gosh i hope it delivers tomorrow to Canada.

(btw first time poster EVER..but i live off reading these forums on every blog/ tech site) figure i start with people who understand a good product :p

Its not that heavy. Some reviewers make it seem like you have to hold a 20lb weight or something..lol they use it as a con because it is heavier than some other devices. The pro 1 is a laptop/ultrabook in a tablet form factor. Compared to other tablets, sure it might be on the heavier side but nothing to make it unusable. But if compare it to carrying around an ultrabook or laptop, then its suddenly seeming a lot lighter.

I'd say go for it. Its like you said, getting use to the weight. To me, it feels very solid and high quality. Feels very durable. So the slightly heavier weight gives a kind of security in knowing you have a premium device built with expensive components. The pro1 is really a great device and the new pro2 is even better all the way around. I'm sure there are some great deals to ne found on pro1 now that the new version released. You can't go wrong either way you go.

Edit: k saw you ordered the pro 2 . Great choice. You will see this thing blows Ipad away performance wise and productivity wise. There is no comparison to it really. You about to ne on a whole other level Ipad users can't comprehend...haha

LeTeygra

200% agree with you. i hate how some people compare the pro to the ipad..i can understand macbook air comparisons but not the ipad. two totally diff devices. and when you start comparing the 128gb ipad to a surface pro, lets be honest. apps or no apps. you cannot tell me the ipad is worth it. i mean the surface pro has a usb port and expandable storage! haha.

im really excited though.

but i am anxious to see Apple's conference tomorrow "a lot more to cover" i want to see if the rumors are true and they do a surface type keyboard. then watch how everyone praises it. whats the keyboard even used for? typing questions to Siri? i dont want to come off as an apple basher. i think the ipad is a perfect companion device. easy to just lay back and read news follow up on stuff. but i want one device for it all.

thats my surface. i hope others agree and the sales reflect it.

OP
D

demandarin

Exactly! now watch apple release a surface type Ipad and keyboard cover, then everyone will be like its ingenious, its a first for the industry, Apple is still setting the bar, its the greatest advancement on technological history..hahaha

They better not copy off surface keyboard. Actually I hope they do and it was patented by MS. So MS can get a piece of apples pie also like they do with android...lol

Windows 8.1 is still missing Aero Glass.

Tell me about it. Especially since it was still enabled in the 8 Preview.

I was glad to see someone made it an add-on for Firefox, so I use it. At least my browser has an Aero theme.

That being said...Microsoft's implementation of the flat look is better than Apple's. I really don't love iOS 7.

Did any of the reviews say how hot the unit gets? I remember playing solitaire on the SP1 and after 10mins it was hot enough that holding it was uncomfortable.

OP
D

demandarin

I haven't seen any that said specific temperatures but I think the Engadget or cnet one stated it runs cooler and not as hot. but as with any icore device , when taxing the processor a lot, it can get warm. but overall runs cooler than surface pro1 and the fans are a lot quieter and don't cut on as often due to lower temps seen.

CrippsCorner

You say that but after I installed 8.1 on my Surface Pro the fans been going even more crazy than before... maybe it's more software related than hardware though.