What's new

Surface Pro 2 - Still worth it?

Sky Go will not work officially on Windows 8 devices - Sky openly confirm they don't support it. The Sky forums have pages and pages of disgruntled Windows 8 Sky customers, myself included. Some have found work arounds but others report they don't work for them. I wish Microsoft could put some pressure on Sky to support Windows 8.

BakedZnake

I got my surface pro 2 256/4gb since launch, and if I had the choice to pick again, I would personally would have instead got a win8 ultrabook or a hybrid for work and with a cheap android tablet for entertainment/light use. Although the surface pro 2 has served me well for uni work, and some light gaming, it does feel awkward to use as a tablet with its weight and the 2 position stand. At times the updates with the surface pro have been a pain in the ass, but touch wood it hasn't died on me yet. For any flash apps and running even the basic very low demanding games the surface pro does run uncomfortably warm at the back and the fans are quite loud. If you can go to like pc world,lewis or currys and try out the surface pro 2 for a bit before deciding

CrippsCorner

Sky Go will not work officially on Windows 8 devices - Sky openly confirm they don't support it. The Sky forums have pages and pages of disgruntled Windows 8 Sky customers, myself included. Some have found work arounds but others report they don't work for them. I wish Microsoft could put some pressure on Sky to support Windows 8.

Microsoft UK are pathetic :( if Sky was American you might actually get somewhere!

Do you ever use TVCatchUp? I love it, one of my favourite apps (in theory) however I do find it freezes about every 20 minutes! Really frustrating.

OP
M

mdfire

Well i decided to wait for sp3. Got myself a new Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 for €390 which is an absolute steal and im very happy with it. Will use RT for work and the note for play. August isnt that long