What's new

Surface Pro 2 video Apps

Hey guys(and girls),

I was wondering if someone could recommend me some good video editing apps? I am looking to start a youtube show/channel of my own and learn about video editing but i am not sure what the best types of Video Editing apps are.

Free would be GREAT but it doesn't necessarily have to be free as I am just curious as to what are some good editing apps people use for Videos. I tried Windows Movie Maker at one point awhile back but at the time i wasn't in a mindset to learn so i sort of struggled with it :) Now i am ready and need some suggestions!

TunaSurface

I personally use sony vegas, it's really easy and fast to use, The only downside is the price. Most people use this as it's the simplest.
There's nothing wrong with a little windows movie maker if you're only going to cut videos, but you didn't like it so I'm going to
recommend this great looking software called Lightworks, I wanted to get into it, but it looks really hard to use.
Lightworks

Last edited:

bluegrass

I've been a Pinnacle Studio user for almost 10 years now but I wasn't comfortable with their new version. After reading some reviews on Amazon, I just ordered Vegas Studio Platinum 11 for $35 and will see how that works on my Surface. I have used Pinnacle Studio 13 on my Surface with success but I'm a sucker for trying out something different to see if it is better. You can't get more simpler than Pinnacle though (the older versions). I don't know if the new Windows OS has Windows Movie Maker or not. I don't recall seeing it.

TunaSurface

Sony vegas is real simple for cutting and simple effects like black and white, but it takes some learning to do anything impressive.
Doesn't beat After effects in visual effects.

Rob85

I haven't tried Sony Vegas, but I know some people working with it, and it sounds good.
But as a videomaker, I just want to tell you to go for Adobe Premiere Pro. This software is awesome, not so hard, many plug-ins are compatible with it, and it have a great "communication" with the other Adobe product.
That's why I bought the Surface Pro, to being able to edit videos anywhere, with something well made and powerful in hands.

jefhart

I haven't tried Sony Vegas, but I know some people working with it, and it sounds good.
But as a videomaker, I just want to tell you to go for Adobe Premiere Pro. This software is awesome, not so hard, many plug-ins are compatible with it, and it have a great "communication" with the other Adobe product.
That's why I bought the Surface Pro, to being able to edit videos anywhere, with something well made and powerful in hands.

I was going to say the same but it is probably too pricey for what he's looking for. Premiere Elements is a lot cheaper but I'm not sure what capabilities it has.