What's new

Surface Pro 2 - Who's Waiting for It?

bulls96

I am.

Not really interested in buying the discounted first gens now.

Any news on what it will be like?

Hoping for a Haswell and Clovertrail option, also LTE option, thinner profile, better battery life. If it has that then I'm buying!!
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

machistmo

I posted the same question, more or less, yesterday and the SP owner trolls came out to feed. I side stepped em but I too am curious about this one... I think we will see the Nokia RT tablet test the waters with the Snapdragon ( if its this or tegra4 ill take the Snapdragon) and Microsoft tablets later? Who knows... its hard to get any real solid information... I know they dont want to kill exisiting sales, but is what they have now 'existing sales' ? Really? Analysts are already saying there will be another markdown on at least the RT coming soon. @199 I will buy the RT. I didnt hate it "THAT" much. If I can score even a 32GB model for 200 smakers, I will do that in a heart beat, if for nothing else, the Zombie games.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Obviously I'm excited to see any news regarding Surface, otherwise I wouldn't be here! But I'm not going to buy one... my current Pro should last me a few years yet :)

Lolvo

I'm excited to see what it brings.

I have the hope that my RT will be a capable device until the next-gen launches; perhaps by that time, I will make the upgrade.

KLR

I have never been a big fan of swapping out hardware just because something new has come out. What I have now in my desktops and tablets can handle anything/everything I toss at them. Interestingly enough, I use my RT about 90% right now, my Pro for heavier lifting such as PhotoShop or LightRoom about 9% of the time and the desktop for anything else.

I really love the RT.

While I'll be watching, I see no reason to move on or the need to upgrade.

Ruffles

I'll be buying the Pro 2 as soon as it's available. My current Surface Pro is my perfect machine except for one thing - battery life. I'm sure the next version will use Haswell and considering what Apple did to the Macbook Air battery life by switching to the new chips, I'm sure the next Surface Pro will make me very happy.

As far RT, I just bought a refurbished 64GB off eBay for $200 for the wife and kids to play with. I'm sure the next version will be better but they will be happy with this and the price was right.

TagsxA

I'll be buying the Pro 2 as soon as it's available. My current Surface Pro is my perfect machine except for one thing - battery life. I'm sure the next version will use Haswell and considering what Apple did to the Macbook Air battery life by switching to the new chips, I'm sure the next Surface Pro will make me very happy.

EXACTLY this.

drolem

Hoping for a Haswell and Clovertrail option, also LTE option, thinner profile, better battery life. If it has that then I'm buying!!
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
On the surface, it will look like the the old Surface. ;)
Practically indistinguishable until you start using it.

mitchellvii

The fanboys may upgrade to this but if MS thinks this is going to be a sales winner for them they are nuts. They basically put a new coat of paint on the Edsel. I mean it is going to look EXACTLY like the Surface Pro I that no one bought. Someone actually gets paid for making these decisions?

The Surface Pro II makes no economic sense just like the Surface II makes no sense without a full HD screen, but if rumors are correct MS is about to do both.

The Surface II with a full HD screen at the right price could have been a real winner for students and young people. Now no, even that won't work.

Last edited: