What's new

Surface Pro 2 - Who's Waiting for It?

eltos_lightfoot

I was more than satisfied with the product announcement. I will be pre-ordering one SP2 to replace my iPad and MacBook Pro. I will more than break even. This thing is a beast.

Krooked

I was more than satisfied with the product announcement. I will be pre-ordering one SP2 to replace my iPad and MacBook Pro. I will more than break even. This thing is a beast.

I agree. I will likely be trading in my SP1 and selling my Ipad3 and replace the with the latest Microsoft beast.

It's funny.... if the SP2 came with an Apple Logo on it, it would be heralded as "groundbreaking", "ingenious", "a marriage of form and function", "Finally, a tablet with the power of a laptop", "what we've all been waiting for"....

But it's coming from MS, so it must be lame 0_o

demandarin

I agree. I will likely be trading in my SP1 and selling my Ipad3 and replace the with the latest Microsoft beast.

It's funny.... if the SP2 came with an Apple Logo on it, it would be heralded as "groundbreaking", "ingenious", "a marriage of form and function", "Finally, a tablet with the power of a laptop", "what we've all been waiting for"....

You got me laughing! You are so right. It would be all over the news and everything as the latest and greatest in technology..haha

Spaniard

jajaja.png

Tom T

The only thing that held me back from the original SP was battery life and this, especially with the battery/keyboard cover, addresses that admirably.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

FXi

I agree, battery life improved by plenty enough to warrant the purchase.
Additional plus's
256 drive
8Gb RAM
Additional improvements to the color depth and accuracy of the screen as well as the response time
Hopefully they made it easier to repair this time around
Also should run cooler which would be very nice too

CrippsCorner

Very true! But unfortunately, they can be like this because of...

Apple retains its place as Britain's coolest brand | UK | News | Daily Express

kgneo

Pre-ordered the 256GB today - despite the fact that the idiot at the "Suface kiosk" - just can't call it a Microsoft Store - suggested I wait for holiday bundled pricing. Really? Are sales so good your boss recommended you discourage Pre-Orders. despite the fact that MANY are waiting eagerly for the those figures!! She also never heard of Cortina or even that Microsoft was considering a personal assistant. I suppose when I had to show her the which Touch Cover was version 1 or 2 I should have moved on. But sadly the 3 other children working there were all texting. Thanks Boca!

Also cool is generally not associated with things that endure. .Webster's definition of Cool also includes the fact that what is cool changes frequently.

oion

Pre-ordered the 256GB today - despite the fact that the idiot at the "Suface kiosk" - just can't call it a Microsoft Store - suggested I wait for holiday bundled pricing. Really? Are sales so good your boss recommended you discourage Pre-Orders. despite the fact that MANY are waiting eagerly for the those figures!! She also never heard of Cortina or even that Microsoft was considering a personal assistant. I suppose when I had to show her the which Touch Cover was version 1 or 2 I should have moved on. But sadly the 3 other children working there were all texting. Thanks Boca!

This wasn't at an actual Microsoft store, was it? You were at a general electronics store? I don't expect salespeople at an actual MS store would be that clueless, but who knows. It's common knowledge that a lot of salespeople at the general stores were poorly trained and not helpful during the holiday crunch last year (no surprise since retail has high turnover during those months with temporary workers). MS didn't have holiday sales last year, right? I wouldn't expect them this year, especially not with release this close and with preorders open; it would make much more sense to have special preorder-only specials instead. Dang, I wish they would've done that. Anyway.

Also cool is generally not associated with things that endure. .Webster's definition of Cool also includes the fact that what is cool changes frequently.

Sounds like the definition of "fad." :p But hey, things may or may not change, especially with younger generations gaining more disposable income and looking to be... different? I suppose my practical nature can't really relate to that general mode of thought, but whatever.