What's new

Surface pro 2 with os x mavericks

Dahnark

First of all, I am spanish and the video is in Spanish, but you can see it for check how it work: [video=youtube;0Jw3Gdw6LqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw3Gdw6LqA[/video]

wditters

Nop, it isn't on SD card. My SD card is class 4, imposible run it there.

There is a thread somewhere on this forum or on WPCentral that explains how to install OSX Mavericks. It is not for the fainthearted as it requires a bit of preparation and some booting tools. In addition to that, not everything fully works, there are issues with WiFi etc.

OP
Dahnark

Dahnark

There is a thread somewhere on this forum or on WPCentral that explains how to install OSX Mavericks. It is not for the fainthearted as it requires a bit of preparation and some booting tools. In addition to that, not everything fully works, there are issues with WiFi etc.

All works except Wifi. Usb Wifi card and the problem is solved. The only issues with the stylus was solved with the latest drivers (released on February).

The dual boot is with the tool clover bootloader. You can add it to the system efi partition and change the Microsoft boot and use clover. Then when you start the surface get a system to select the OS for booting.

The thread on insanely mac forum is a step by step guide to get it, really easy. Even there is a video on YouTube doing it (author is Macspike).

CrippsCorner

there are issues with WiFi etc.

Just like a Surface running Windows then...
tongue.png

munakib

Okay found most of my answers just 1 question, can I reset the surface pro using the recovery partition (if things dont go well) or do i need to install windows 8.1 again using a product key? I really dont want to kill my recovery partition as it would take away the resale value too.

Last edited:

bangsters

nice. quick question, once installed with OSX, it is usable for IOS coding? It can run xcode without issues?

Thanks!!

OP
Dahnark

Dahnark

Okay found most of my answers just 1 question, can I reset the surface pro using the recovery partition (if things dont go well) or do i need to install windows 8.1 again using a product key? I really dont want to kill my recovery partition as it would take away the resale value too.

Surface has a system that auto enable the windows without insert product key. I deleted all surface pro w storage, even partition recovery and I installed W 8.1 from usb and I never had to put any key and it was activated when I check system properties

nice. quick question, once installed with OSX, it is usable for IOS coding? It can run xcode without issues?

Thanks!!

I don't try xcode on surface pro 2 but I suppose that it should work perfectly. In my PC hackintosh xcode never give me a FC or even lag. But my pc on mavericks 10.9.1 give me 16000 point (even some times 16500) on geekbench and surface pro 2 give me 6000 (a friend of mine with a macbook pro bought on early 2011 get 5000 on geekbench) it can use logic pro and final cut without problems, so surface should run xcode perfectly.