What's new

Surface Pro 2 with type case deosn't turn on when opened

rege0039

HI,

Swapped my Surface 2 for a Pro 2 128. Put the same TypeCover on it and it doesn't behave the same as the Surface 2.

When I open it from the keyboard it never turns on which the 2 did, I always have to press the power button.

Am I missing something to make this work ? Or does a Pro simply not do that ?

Thanks

Booch

Congrats on your new device!
No, you're not missing anything. Not sure about surface 2, but, pro 2 does not wake by opening the keyboard cover.
Tapping any key when opened will wake your sp2. Enjoy your device :)

OP
R

rege0039

Congrats on your new device!
No, you're not missing anything. Not sure about surface 2, but, pro 2 does not wake by opening the keyboard cover.
Tapping any key when opened will wake your sp2. Enjoy your device :)

So it does !

Thanks.

I do really like it, a little heavier and bulkier than the Asus TF 201 I had but much, much more powerful.

Dane

I mistakenly thought flipping the cover open would turn the device on too...alas, it does not, as advised above. :(

You get used to other means of turning it on!

demandarin

So it does !

Thanks.

I do really like it, a little heavier and bulkier than the Asus TF 201 I had but much, much more powerful.

Tf-201....that's the Transformer Prime tablet. I had one when it first released. No longer have it but I still have its keyboard dock. Boy did that tablet bring some fun times on xda developers forum for it..haha

daniielrp

I mistakenly thought flipping the cover open would turn the device on too...alas, it does not, as advised above. :(

You get used to other means of turning it on!

I think it's down to the power usage it would take - the RT can survive for days in it's low power "connected standby" mode, so can detect when you open the cover, however a full on Intel i5? No chance of that lasting at all in a similar mode, not even sure it's possible for a x86 processor :/

But it's hardly a bad thing, I've easily gotten use to just tapping power or a keyboard button to wake it!