What's new

Surface Pro 3 Battery Life with Windows 10

kristalsoldier

Yes, especially if you are using unmodified Edge or Chrome. However, the only way to tell is to actually use it because looking at the battery level alone is deceiving. Only the total run time or a full battery report would give you anything close to accurate data.

Chrome I don't use, but what do you mean by unmodified Edge? Yeps, I agree that the battery level indicator is not very reliable. My reports - to the extent that I have generated them in the past - indicate that I get around 8 hrs 30 mins (this was on 8.1) and now - with W10 - I do see a marginal drop but not to the 6 hr 30 point, which is why the question. Also, my SP3 is the i5/ 4GB/ 128GB unit and it is as pristine as it was the day I bought it in the sense that I have done nothing to it aside from keeping all the updates current. Its as stock as stock can be for a unit purchased with W8.1 and updated to W10 as per MS schedule. Runs a bit warmer too on W10 though!

leeshor

By unmodified I mean with no host file change or registry tweak. It sounds like you are doing OK as is but it could be better. If Edge supported an adblock plugin the story would be far different.

MadGizmoO

As i read it you upgraded your win8 to 10, the last bugs should be fiksed by doing a clean installation of win 10.

kristalsoldier

By unmodified I mean with no host file change or registry tweak. It sounds like you are doing OK as is but it could be better. If Edge supported an adblock plugin the story would be far different.

Well, I have hesitated to go down the hosts file option though the ads are killing me (+10 for ad-blocking in Edge) and the SP3 does get warm on some sites and situations. Tweaking the registry? You mean to throttle?