What's new

Surface Pro 3 bend, intentional or defect?

Flecks

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
So I got my brand new SP3 from the Microsoft store today, took it out of the box, put my screen cover on, and then noticed this and took the photos. It was literally 1 minute old, so I definitely did not cause this, so I'm trying to work out of its meant to be like this or not...
Please help!
(Sorry for the photos, really hard to capture though!)

kevinlevrone

I know it sounds silly, but what if it's just an optical illusion ? :) Try to see if a gap is forming when attaching a known straight object to the SP3 border.

Last edited:

AllTaken

You can see the glass of the screen is straight, the magnesium housing is not parallel with the glass. It's certainly bent.

ctitanic

This has been reported before. The magnesium body was not bended by the use, it came bended. I have not seen any issues reported caused by that. But if you do not feel happy then try exchanging it.

OP
F

Flecks

Oh really? That's lucky, I actually did get a refund and then repurchased it, but only because that was going to be faster, otherwise I would've done warranty, that's lucky! Aha

ptrkhh

The good thing is at least the bending issue isn't overblown by the media like, you know, the other more popular product.

wynand32

I'm still pretty sure this is the plastic strip along the top of the unit (for allowing wireless signals to come and go). Mine's curved as well, and everyone I've seen is that way.

I do think it's by design.

ctitanic

I'm still pretty sure this is the plastic strip along the top of the unit (for allowing wireless signals to come and go). Mine's curved as well, and everyone I've seen is that way.

I do think it's by design.
Here is the thing. I have seen many pictures like those and never stopped to check if mine is curved or not. To do it I have to remove mine from the case. And that's enough for me let it be. As far as I can see, mine is totally functional and that's what matters to me.

konnexion

View attachment 5213 View attachment 5214 View attachment 5215 View attachment 5216 View attachment 5217 So I got my brand new SP3 from the Microsoft store today, took it out of the box, put my screen cover on, and then noticed this and took the photos. It was literally 1 minute old, so I definitely did not cause this, so I'm trying to work out of its meant to be like this or not...
Please help!
(Sorry for the photos, really hard to capture though!)

Had exactly the same issue. New SP3 delivered on Monday and out of the box I immediately noticed this, boxed it back up and returned it. Replacement arrived yesterday and it's much better. Weird.