What's new

Surface Pro 3 cheaper?

Lafloraly

Hi guys,

I consider buying a Pro 3 (rather than waiting for the 4) as I´m on a tight budget. (I use it only for some Office, OneNote, Yt, movies, but want to replace my heavy notebook with a light laplet)
So I found a site where the Pro 3 i3 64GB costs 755$/670€. I was wondering whether the price could go even lower than that with the upcoming Pro 4?

leeshor

It probably will but you take your chances. It WILL be even less once the SP4 is official.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id recommend searching out a quality used or refurbished i5 128gb SP3. You should be able to get one cheaper than the price you mentioned.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
For those needs you could easily get away with a Surface 3. Only downside really is the smaller screen. I've a feeling my S3 will be replacing my SP3 as my university device with the SP3 being left at home for heavier usage scenarios.

jrioux

...So I found a site where the Pro 3 i3 64GB costs 755$/670€. I was wondering whether the price could go even lower than that with the upcoming Pro 4?
For a short time the MS Store in the US had the 128GB SP3 on sale for $799. They frequently have it on sale for $899. I'd watch for official sales as the SP4 announcement date approaches. BTW, I bought a factory refurbished 128BG SP3 with a keyboard for $850 from the MS Amazon store.

Draughn101

Best Buy has been offering $100 off an i5 or i7 model coupons for people with .edu email address. I used the .edu coupon, 10% movers coupon and the $100s that was already off in the ad to get an i5/128gb this weekend for $712. Saved $280ish. Awesome deal.