What's new

Surface Pro 3 Core i3

bamaster

In the U.S., I believe it is normally 10%. But for "back to school" there's a special promotion.

$649 + $117 for keyboard = $766 +tax. Not a bad deal for a student!

richs121

Just picked up the Core i3 at best buy last night using the $150 student discount coupon and 10% off USPS movers coupon for a total of $584.00+ tax. Awesome machine so far and a smoking deal!

chankoedo

It would be a great pleasure if you could report your battery experiences with the i3-Vesion. I have already read the anandtech article however I want to gain more information about it. Unfortunately I wasn't really able to find any useful threads/infos on this special topic so far.

Maybe there are some people out there, who got their hands on different cpu-Versions of this tablet and got a feeling of the differences if there are any.

richs121

Haven't had it long enough to really tell but according to battery bar it is holding true to the 9 hour mark with web browsing, email, downloading and installing a few programs. This is much better than my Macbook air. Pretty impressive for a full windows 8.1 device.

daveyp

It would be a great pleasure if you could report your battery experiences with the i3-Vesion. I have already read the anandtech article however I want to gain more information about it. Unfortunately I wasn't really able to find any useful threads/infos on this special topic so far.

Maybe there are some people out there, who got their hands on different cpu-Versions of this tablet and got a feeling of the differences if there are any.
I havent done an accurate measurement but can say without a doubt that it is over 7 (Used it somewhere between 6.5-7.5hrs) hours with bluetooth streaming music from spotify and a bit over 50% screen brightness. I didnt check the percentage after my use but it was close to the bottom. Probably had another half hour or so left. I'm super happy with it.

mitchellvii

Hi guys. Looking at the i3 here. I do basic Office apps including Access, some web design, a little Photoshop and Flash but nothing hardcore and of course web browsing and OneNote. In the past I've been able to recover quite a bit of SD space by offloading the recovery partition. Assuming I can do that here as well?

Also a good way to keep space down is to regularly clear out the Windows/Software Distribution/Download folder which can get pretty massive with updates.

So, will I be happy with just the i3? Seems like better battery life and the i5 would be overkill for my needs. Thanks. :)