What's new

surface pro 3 i5 or i7

InspectHerGadget

I never noticed any noise with the i7. I once heard the fan slightly when doing the initial updates but it was very quiet, almost not noticeable.

Most of the time it was totally silent. Just fast and noticeably faster when loading web pages or doing Norton scans.

OP
L

lightkey

i guess i'm gonna take the i5 and save some money. i can understand that the i7 is faster than the other one, but i guess i'm alright with that. the most important is that is faster than my macbook pro core 2 duo 2.66ghz with 8gb ram. I guess it's faster isn't it ?

Kalimero

i guess i'm gonna take the i5 and save some money. i can understand that the i7 is faster than the other one, but i guess i'm alright with that. the most important is that is faster than my macbook pro core 2 duo 2.66ghz with 8gb ram. I guess it's faster isn't it ?
It should be better but to be sure just try CPUBoss like i did a few posts before to compare both of them.

DeltaXray

Thanks for the info. Any Lightroom users out there who can share how their SP3 configuration handles the LR load?

I have the i5/8gb model and it handles Lightroom no problem. The app is as snappy as it should be. The fan does kick in whilst it is chewing through importing hundreds of raw files or mass exports but it is not in any way slow. Absolutely happy with the performance of Lightroom on this machine.

I just wish they would bring in a more touch friendly UI. I know there is a touch option to enable but that does need some more work.

Len J

Thanks for the info. Any Lightroom users out there who can share how their SP3 configuration handles the LR load?

I'm a heavy LR user w an I7/512.

Importing raw pics and rendering high quality previews results on throttling and fan. That said, it still processes slightly quicker than my old Lenovo W520 I7.

I got the I7/512 because I wanted the storage and figured thru processing headroom gives it a longer life.

Len

tuxnjeans

I'm a heavy LR user w an I7/512.

Importing raw pics and rendering high quality previews results on throttling and fan. That said, it still processes slightly quicker than my old Lenovo W520 I7.

I got the I7/512 because I wanted the storage and figured thru processing headroom gives it a longer life.

Len
Thanks for the response from Lightroom users. It's great to connect with you and learn from your experience.