What's new

surface pro 3 i7 - crack corner of screen

OP
M

markreed89

haha could be, but I always pick it up there :) not problems so far, the cracked shard is completely seperate from rest of the screen, it move up and down but doesn't break or put any pressure of the healthy screen next to it. I thought about using a hairdryer and prying it off then glueing it back from but really it's not hurting anything right now as it is.I'm not going to stress over it anyway, £450 for i7 with keyboard is a steal, sold as spares it would still fetch not far from that

bluegrass

You have to have b(*&s as big as a bull to think you could change out the screen on the Surface. I've been working on computers for 47 years now down to replacing and aligning heads on many disk 369/370 disk drives & I wouldn't think about trying to change the display on a Surface. Not even if someone would give me a new scree & I was in your shoes.

OP
M

markreed89

I'm not planning to change the screen, but it can be done and people have done it and still do it. It's a very similar porocedure on certain phones where the screen is glued on, I've done it myself and I'm sure I could do it on surface too, but thw cost doesn't justify the effort for me

conan1600

You have to have b(*&s as big as a bull to think you could change out the screen on the Surface. I've been working on computers for 47 years now down to replacing and aligning heads on many disk 369/370 disk drives & I wouldn't think about trying to change the display on a Surface. Not even if someone would give me a new scree & I was in your shoes.
it is tedious but very doable. i have replaced 2, one pro 2 and one pro 3. you make it sound harder than it is. just go slow

Johnny365

Not the same but I replaced iPhone 5S screens and if the costs were much less, I wouldn't mind doing SP3 screens. The only hard part is finding adhesive so it doesn't lift up.