What's new

Surface Pro 3 on WIndows 10 - Display Driver Issue

Wellington Perera

I just installed Windows 10 RTM 64bit on my Surface Pro 3. Display Adapter (Intel HD Graphics 5000) is not getting installed properly and it shows the exclamation mark. When trying to connect to an external display it gives an error message on the side notification panel/action center saying "Your PC can't connect to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using another video card" ... and I have tried reinstalling the drivers couple of times but still no luck. Also fan runs nonstop.

Appreciate your help :)

Cyb3rDud3

Thanks that works. Unfortunately for some reason the timing standard is missing in that build and thus the custom resolution trick doesn't work :( Unless I'm missing something.

Cyb3rDud3

Hmm so annoying, can't get the timing standard to get it up to 50Hz...

Capture.PNG

I am having the same issue trying to install the newest driver manually... just get the error message "not valid for this computer". This is the only thing I am having issues with with SP3 :(

Cyb3rDud3

How are you installing it manually? The one linked through above worked fine;
1. Download
2. Unzip
3. Open Device Manager
4. Find display card entry and go to driver section
5. Update driver
6. Select driver from disk
7. Navigate to the zip file and graphics subfolder
8. The .inf file will be selected automatically and it just installs

The only issue I have is that it doesn't should the timing standards in the custom resolutions.

Joe Ferrazzo

Trying what Cyb3rDud3 recommends does not work for me. I even tried installing the new Windows 10 driver pack on the drivers download page, but it fails too. How can Microsoft release Windows 10 when it doesn't work with the Surface Pro 3 Graphics Driver?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Trying what Cyb3rDud3 recommends does not work for me. I even tried installing the new Windows 10 driver pack on the drivers download page, but it fails too. How can Microsoft release Windows 10 when it doesn't work with the Surface Pro 3 Graphics Driver?
It does, if you are unable to install there are deeper issues on your system. Updating the driver manually from the Device Manager and telling the system that you have the disk and point to the correct INF it works as expected...