What's new

Surface pro 3 Password

Jbosacki

Hey guys. I got my surface pro 3 a couple of weeks ago. So far I love it but I'm having one major issue that I can't find a solution for.

The issue is my surface requires a password everytime I login. I bought this to use for work in front of customers and it's become extremely frustrating to have to log in every time I open my surface. I don't keep it open to save battery life so it's gotten to the point that every 10 minutes or so I have to enter my password to log in. I've scowered the internet for answers, trying the Netplwiz method and turning off the password at start up with no dice. Still requires me everytime to use it. I've also tried the picture password which rarely works for me and ends up in an awkward spot while a customer is watching me failing to open my computer up and then having to enter a password anyways.

At this point I really want to find a way to turn off the password at start all together. I've never had this issue on my computer as it starts up everyday without requiring my password

Any help would be appreciated!

-Jeff

leeshor

Welcome to the forum Jeff

Try the Netplwiz again and reverse it after a restart. Make certain you have the correct user selected.

leeshor

Is is giving you any error? I guess you tried enabling it again?

I don't see any reason for it not to work unless you don't have permission. Are you part of a corporate network?

OP
J

Jbosacki

Is is giving you any error? I guess you tried enabling it again?

I don't see any reason for it not to work unless you don't have permission. Are you part of a corporate network?

That's why I'm confused as well. I've tried checking it and unchecking it a dozen times. Doesn't seem to effect it all either way.

No it's not a corporate it's my personal surface.

Haldi

NetplWiz only works for a login after a fresh boot.
If you have set automatically lock the tablet in standby you need to disable this, right?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the four digit passcode login. much quicker than typing a password, and easier to use with the touchscreen number pad, I'm in in less than a couple of seconds that way.