What's new

Surface Pro 3 Tips & Tricks

VickiFL

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to help increase the volume of the speakers? Even set on maximum, the volume is pretty low, IMO.

FlySwatter

If carry space is not a problem, pick up one of those small 2" diameter speakers. They create excellent sound in a small size. You can usually get one in the $20 range, even bluetooth if you catch one on sale. Otherwise, the SP3 speakers are what they are -- not that great.

VickiFL

If carry space is not a problem, pick up one of those small 2" diameter speakers. They create excellent sound in a small size. You can usually get one in the $20 range, even bluetooth if you catch one on sale. Otherwise, the SP3 speakers are what they are -- not that great.

Ok, thanks for the info. It's much appreciated. :)

olimjj

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to help increase the volume of the speakers? Even set on maximum, the volume is pretty low, IMO.
I know that this does not address your problem directly, but I am assuming you would be close enough to the source to not exclude the use of a pair of Blue Tooth headphones. They offer superior fidelity compared to inexpensive external speakers. You can pick up a pair according to your budget. JMTC

VickiFL

I know that this does not address your problem directly, but I am assuming you would be close enough to the source to not exclude the use of a pair of Blue Tooth headphones. They offer superior fidelity compared to inexpensive external speakers. You can pick up a pair according to your budget. JMTC

I'm considering all options, thank you!

KaliKot

if you could tell me more about that, that would be incredible!

Classicshell is a free app which brings back the Start menu, it has an option for configuring what the Start button does and you can set it to for example show the start menu in desktop mode or the start screen in metro mode.

Or you can for example set windows key as the start screen and shift + start as the start menu.

Or you can set it to Do Nothing.

Its pretty damn cool

Rugbyguy541

Classicshell is a free app which brings back the Start menu, it has an option for configuring what the Start button does and you can set it to for example show the start menu in desktop mode or the start screen in metro mode.

Or you can for example set windows key as the start screen and shift + start as the start menu.

Or you can set it to Do Nothing.

Its pretty damn cool

Awesome I'll look into that asap. Do you have a recommendation on how to launch the start button from full screen mode with the keyboard set back? Or would I use a combo of classicshell and swype?

KaliKot

Although ClassicShell also disables the Windows Key on the keyboard... :S

yeah but you can still set shift+windows key to work as start button or you can use the charms bar :)

Awesome I'll look into that asap. Do you have a recommendation on how to launch the start button from full screen mode with the keyboard set back? Or would I use a combo of classicshell and swype?

I normally just swipe from charms bar and press start