What's new

Surface Pro 3 WIMBoot guide + discussion

tom12345

Hi, i have a problem. I turned on hyper-v function, it tryed to download something then i got an error message (error code 0x800f0906) so i can't use hyper-v. Anyone faced this problem?.Thx

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Wimboot is intended for very small and minimal use case scenarios... yes you can make a custom build to suit your specific needs at the cost of flexibility. I believe Winboot will be employed in the 16gb Tablets and they don't expect peeps to do much besides watch vids and browse the Internets but they will have a microSD so you can put stuff there. If MS were smart they would make it so you could easily move the entire Users folder structure to MicroSD and optionally Program Files & Program Data also. OR just eliminate 8gb of OS bloat ... :)

tom12345

Can someone please check hyper-v can enable in February built?

EDIT: Just checked, not works...
Is there a chance you fix it? I really love this slim windows but i need hyper-v as well. Thank you

Last edited:
OP
P

ptrkhh

Can someone please check hyper-v can enable in February built?

EDIT: Just checked, not works...
Is there a chance you fix it? I really love this slim windows but i need hyper-v as well. Thank you
I have tried several ways, none of those works. Ill try with my other WIMboot PC when I could get the access to that device, to find out if this issue is unique to the SP3 or not.