What's new

Surface Pro 3 Wish List!

wditters

Absolutely you're right and it's definitely the weakest aspect of the Surface I've found...

Luckily I've found a way round it by using 5GHz Wi-Fi, but I shouldn't of had to spend an additional £70 (on an AirPort Express) just to make my Surface run properly! :(

I actually have issues with the Avastar 350N even without using Wifi. I even have enormous mouse lag in the following scenario:

- Wired Ethernet via Lenovo USB 3.0 dock, two external screens
- Bluetooth devices active: Logitech K810 keyboard, Logitech T630 mouse, Plantronics Voyager Legend.

The moment I connect the Voyager Legend in order to do a Lync telco, the mouse starts lagging and jumping beyond the level of usability ... In this scenario I cannot host a screensharing session in which I would need a mouse .... All other machines that I have handle this properly, but also have a Broadcomm BT stack, not a Marvell one. Bloody useless ...

jrapdx

My fondest wish:
We'll see the SP3
When our charming SP2
Is made bug free, free, free!
No less than promised to be.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

I actually have issues with the Avastar 350N even without using Wifi. I even have enormous mouse lag in the following scenario:

- Wired Ethernet via Lenovo USB 3.0 dock, two external screens
- Bluetooth devices active: Logitech K810 keyboard, Logitech T630 mouse, Plantronics Voyager Legend.

The moment I connect the Voyager Legend in order to do a Lync telco, the mouse starts lagging and jumping beyond the level of usability ... In this scenario I cannot host a screensharing session in which I would need a mouse .... All other machines that I have handle this properly, but also have a Broadcomm BT stack, not a Marvell one. Bloody useless ...

Yes you've reminded me actually I did have this problem too (totally forgot)

It would cause my cursor to jump around the screen. I did actually greatly improve this simply by refreshing the Surface, but ultimately it still happened from time to time. Obviously it's massively improved using 5GHz Wi-Fi... all I get now is roughly once every 2-3 hours my mouse and Bluetooth audio receiver will stall for around 15 seconds. It's livable.