What's new

Surface Pro 3 won't wake up from sleep mode in docking station Win10

provoshane

So, I never had a problem with the device not waking up from sleep mode when in the docking station with Win 8.1 Now when I walk up to it, the device is stuck with the word, Surface on the screen. Nothing helps except holding the power button down for 10 seconds and then waiting a minute and then restarting it.

Also, the keyboard response is pokey as can be as well as screen changes.

windracer

I'm seeing the same issue on my SP3 and another SP3 in the office. This seems to have started just recently so I'm wondering if that latest firmware update introduced this.

MinkWA

I am also experiencing this issue. Any new info on possible causes? As a workaround, I found that if I disconnect my surface from the docking station and then put it in sleep mode, I am able to wake up the device properly in the morning.

Compusmurf

Odd, mine is working in and out of docking station for resuming. However, that being said, there's an issue with dpc and interrupts occurring for many of us after resume.

Odd, mine is working in and out of docking station for resuming. However, that being said, there's an issue with dpc and interrupts occurring for many of us after resume.

Same here. It almost made me jump back to 8.1 since a restart is needed to fix this issue. Looks like Microsoft didn't really test their OS and just rushed to the public and treat them as beta testers basically especially with that feedback app which never existed on an RTM build with their previous OSs.

ptr727

Same issue, press keyboard to wake, see surface power on, gets stuck on displaying surface on tablet screen, press power button, goes to sleep, press power button again, wakes up ok on main monitor.

HarnessTech

Waking up from sleep while in the dock has been an issue since I bought the dock, whether the SP3 was running 8.1 or 10. It just doesn't wake up. Since the 7/23 firmware update though, moving the mouse while sleeping causes the SP3 to reboot. The soap opera continues.