What's new

Solved Surface Pro 4 and Outlook 2016 help

Roy Hobbs

I just got a new Surface Pro 4 and installed Office 2016 on it. I set up Outlook and it worked fine a few days ago. Then, I tried opening it recently and it got hung up on the start screen (small blue box pops up and it says 'starting' but nothing happens). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2016 but still the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

leeshor

Maybe an issue with some security software? What are you running Using totally local files rules out a lot of other possibilities.

OP
R

Roy Hobbs

Forgive me -- my knowledge of computers is pretty poor. What do you mean when you ask what I am running? Sorry for the ignorance!

OP
R

Roy Hobbs

Any idea who I can turn to? Has anyone else reported an issue like this? Seems strange that this would just be happening to me.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
from the Cortana Search Bar type "run" and hit enter...

now from the run dialog box type "outlook.exe /safe" without quotes and hit enter....

If Outlook opens then one of you add-ons or plug-ins is causing Outlook to hang.

leeshor

You should also be able to open it in safe mode by holding down the ctrl key while opening it.

OP
R

Roy Hobbs

Thanks - problem solved! I started it up in safe mode. Outlook started up and I created a new profile. I was then able to start up normally. Not sure what was going on but it has been fixed. Thank you all for the support!