What's new

Surface Pro 4 Audio Input

turgut.taskin

Audio Input in my Surface Pro 4 is not a standard pne. I can not plug in standard headset jack.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Edit by mod: "how to" removed from title. This pre-fix is reserved for tutorials. Hughlle

Last edited by a moderator:

Philtastic

That might be because there is no audio input on the SP4....
There IS an audio output, however, which is built for a standard 3.5 mm plug and is definitely not a male plug. Your unit might have a cancerous growth if it does, indeed, have a male plug sticking out of it.

Another possibility is that your hardware is defective OR you actually have a knock-off that isn't a very good one. If you seriously can't fit a standard headphone plug into it, I'd just take it back to where you got it and get a replacement.

OP
T

turgut.taskin

That might be because there is no audio input on the SP4....
There IS an audio output, however, which is built for a standard 3.5 mm plug and is definitely not a male plug. Your unit might have a cancerous growth if it does, indeed, have a male plug sticking out of it.

Another possibility is that your hardware is defective OR you actually have a knock-off that isn't a very good one. If you seriously can't fit a standard headphone plug into it, I'd just take it back to where you got it and get a replacement.

Thanks a lot for your help...

OP
T

turgut.taskin

Thanks a lot for your help...

The pin is not sticking out of the hole. There is a hole in audio output slot but inside there is a very thin pin which does not allow normal jack in. Could it be a special output like digital which requires an adaptor.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pin is not sticking out of the hole. There is a hole in audio output slot but inside there is a very thin pin which does not allow normal jack in. Could it be a special output like digital which requires an adaptor.

This does not sound normal. The audio port on the SP4 is a standard analogue input/output 3.5mm port. Did you buy this machine new?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

No....I plug a headset in all of the time....sounds like you have a hardware issue

OP
T

turgut.taskin

This does not sound normal. The audio port on the SP4 is a standard analogue input/output 3.5mm port. Did you buy this machine new?

It has been a year and the seller in Turkey says there two versions. This one could be a digital one. I suppose you have not seen a version like. But could this be a digitial output.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It has been a year and the seller in Turkey says there two versions. This one could be a digital one. I suppose you have not seen a version like. But could this be a digitial output.

The seller in Turkey is spinning yarns...the hardware is standard across Geos

Philtastic

Yeah, you got scammed and were sold a fake unit. That sucks.

eKeith

Very unfortunate. I would find the official Microsoft representative/ company for your region and ask for advice, even if to check their price for troubleshooting and repair...

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

ScottyS

@turgut.taskin said "The pin is not sticking out of the hole. There is a hole in audio output slot but inside there is a very thin pin which does not allow normal jack in."

You mean inside the 3.5mm headphone jack there is a pin preventing you from plugging the headphones in? Sounds like either the inside of the jack is broken, your someone stuck a pin in there. Can you get a thin enough tweezers and see if you can pull it out?