What's new

Surface Pro 4, core i7 or Surface Book core i5 with dGPU?

kristiankenneth

Good day,

I have the Surface Pro 4 core i7 and I am pretty much happy with it, I wasn't at first but with all the updates it fixed all my problems and now I like it so much.

So I recommend it to my brother, but the price for the Surface Pro 4 i7 with keyboard is near the price of the Surface Book core i5 with dedicated GPU.

So what do you think? Performance wise, which is would perform better? The Surface Pro 4 with built in GPU but core i7 or the Surface Book with dedicated GPU but is core i5?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are both very different devices, and personally, should not be chosen based on performance alone. Each has significant pros and cons compared to the other, which in my opinion, can far outweigh any performance differences.

For example, to me it doesn't matter how much better the book performs, no kickstand, no sale :)

OP
K

kristiankenneth

I am aware of the other differences but my question was specific with the performance. Basically, can the core i7 Surface Pro 4 out perform the Surface Book with core i5 however has dedicated gpu?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I was was to venture a wild guess, I'd say the i7 SP4 in general as the software that takes advantage of the dGPU may be more limited and the benefit only realized in specific use cases. if you lived in those use cases day in and day out then only would you be better off with i5 + dGPU. all other criteria notwithstanding.