What's new

Solved Surface Pro 4 corrupt screen & wakeup issues

OP
M

MetalToby

Just after my last post a new update came through. Since then things have been great. No crashes at all this week.

The corrupt screen seems to have also been fixed. I think it was related to Firefox. Since disabling hardware support in Firefox the screen has been fine.

OP
M

MetalToby

A final post on this one....
Seems like the last update solved the issues. Since then it has been waking up everytime and I've not had to reset it once.

Plantje

Good to hear that the issue is solved!

And nice that you posted that update. A lot of people only find their way to the interwebz when something goes wrong or when they want to complain.

Aimz

A final post on this one....
Seems like the last update solved the issues. Since then it has been waking up everytime and I've not had to reset it once.
Hello Can you please check and see if your suface 4 actually sleeps set it to ask for a password when wake up from sleep then put it to sleep and see if it asks you for a password if it doesn't that means it doesn't sleep at all thats what mine is doing I'm currenty speaking to ms about this because this is my second device I have received from Ms or should i say a (refurbished unit) with the same issues and now I'm going through the process of a refund now im waiting to see if they are going to honour the refund or not i have been going back and forth with ms about this problem and i have only had the sp4 i7 16gb 512ssd for only 3 weeks and ther is no ms store in melbourne australia so i hade to sent it to them and they sent me a refurbished 1 back that was a kick in the guts and now it doesn't sleep at all!!! i give up cant do this with ms no more thats why im opting for a refund

OP
M

MetalToby

Yes, it asks for my password when I try to wake it.
I was very close to returning mine as well, but its been fine since the last update.