What's new

Surface Pro 4 Could Be Announced in Mid-May [Rumor]

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus, they only put 2GB in it? How the hell do you even boot into Windows with 2GB? :) +1 on the Geneva convention.
Well the Surface 2 only has 2GB and I used one almost daily for *Tablety* kinds of stuff. for those use cases its perfectly fine. Surface 3 in that scenario will be no different, actually better since it's faster in every respect that the Surface 2. As power users we sometimes forget that everyone doesn't have the same needs.

4GB for virtualization is light, no question. Except a decade or more ago I ran 2-3 VMs + Host OS with 256MB each on a Pentium 4 with 768-1000MB. Times do change. :D

alissaknight

Good point.. lol and to think I started out on a 386 SX/25 with what was it, 256 MB of RAM? Bah.. the days of cutting my hands on the sharp interior metal of a custom case, seating motherboards on those little white plastic seats that seemed to always break, and CPU coolers are gone :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good point.. lol and to think I started out on a 386 SX/25 with what was it, 256 MB of RAM? Bah.. the days of cutting my hands on the sharp interior metal of a custom case, seating motherboards on those little white plastic seats that seemed to always break, and CPU coolers are gone :)
Perhaps you meant 256KB :D of RAM.

My 386DX 20, dual booted with Xenix, had a *massive* (for it's time) 80 MB Hard Drive :D with 2 MB RAM which cost me an arm and a leg, I would have had to give my first born for 4MB RAM... oh wait I did. :D

alissaknight

Perhaps you meant 256KB :D of RAM.

My 386DX 20, dual booted with Xenix, had a *massive* (for it's time) 80 MB Hard Drive :D with 2 MB RAM which cost me an arm and a leg, I would have had to give my first born for 4MB RAM... oh wait I did. :D

Hah rock on! Yeah, 256 does seem a bit too high for that year eh? Yeah, I rocked out DOS + Oblivion BBS and Renegade BBS (remember the BBS days?) and 2400 baud modem! w00t!