What's new

Solved Surface pro 4 Front Camera

!Steve!

Anyone having problems with new update. I haven't used the front camera in a while but when I went to use it in skype I am not able to use the front camera on any program. In the setting it says it's working no problem but it won't turn on
Anyone one else having this problem

Thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @!Steve! ,

I did an update on 10 Jan 18 which seemed to shut down the front camera. Windows Hello was not working for sign-on either.

I did a cold boot which fixed the problem.

1. Hold power for 30 seconds. Even if you see the screen or keyboard wink off, still hold for 30 seconds, then release.
2. Press and hold Power and Volume Up together until you see the "Surface" or Microsoft logo. Release both when you do.

Let us know.

OP
S

!Steve!

Hi, @!Steve! ,

I did an update on 10 Jan 18 which seemed to shut down the front camera. Windows Hello was not working for sign-on either.

I did a cold boot which fixed the problem.

1. Hold power for 30 seconds. Even if you see the screen or keyboard wink off, still hold for 30 seconds, then release.
2. Press and hold Power and Volume Up together until you see the "Surface" or Microsoft logo. Release both when you do.

Let us know.

Hi sharpuser
I did your suggestion held the button and went I guess the advance boot mode. Went to advanced setting and right there the front camera was turn off.
Turned it on and it's working fine.

Thanks