What's new

Surface Pro 4 - I feel ashamed for buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
All this silly talk of "Shame" - What is this, like the Samurai Tablet Theater? Seriously - its a tablet....Like taking one home to mom would shame the owner so badly that Hari-Kari MUST follow for having such a shameful tablet! Or the Walk of Shame on "Game of Thrones" - SHAME!!!! (bell- clinging) - SHAME!!! ------ It's a powerful tablet and Microsoft nailed it in MOST cases. I have heard more praise than complaints, and when I hear the complaints, its 70/30 on user errors / not updating etc. The biggest issue is the sleep / power management issues - Just Turn your machine off - Geeze.

Microsoft has sold more Surface Pro 4's than any other device in its portfolio - I would wager my Surface Pro 4 - that these devices are stamped out in more than one place - with different standards - thus the ever so small, and still dwindling SP4 issues. Microsoft has not issued a time line for the complete fixes - Why would they? Its not as though the unit is unusable...

SHAME!!!! Ding-a-Ling SHAME!!! - LOL

Sportznut

I loved my SP3 the first month, hated it after upgrade to W10, it sat for 3 mos., I updated everything and "forced myself" to learn and use it......I am now back to loving it but I do think I will go to the MS Store to take some of their classes because I know there's some features to this thing that I'm just not taking advantage of to the fullest.

dantheflyingman

I to also own a SP4, Having identical issues Plus More, Video TDR Driver bluescreens, Video memory managment bluescreens, ive done all the windows updates, i downloaded the windows SP4 driver package from there site, ive also then done a factory reset and done the same again, STILL THE SAME ISSUES

The device is flawed in so many ways i am unable to do anything from basic word processing to any form of adobe work :(

Im out of the 30day period but a return is a must for me now, Do you think its still possible?

[edit] Another spontaneous issues, when under 80-95% CPU Load the device cannot maintain a connection to Bluetooth or wifi devices? Even when plugged in running on mains power? Wtf?

Last edited:

leeshor

I to also own a SP4, Having identical issues Plus More, Video TDR Driver bluescreens, Video memory managment bluescreens, ive done all the windows updates, i downloaded the windows SP4 driver package from there site, ive also then done a factory reset and done the same again, STILL THE SAME ISSUES

The device is flawed in so many ways i am unable to do anything from basic word processing to any form of adobe work :(

Im out of the 30day period but a return is a must for me now, Do you think its still possible?

[edit] Another spontaneous issues, when under 80-95% CPU Load the device cannot maintain a connection to Bluetooth or wifi devices? Even when plugged in running on mains power? Wtf?
Welcome to the forum

Your SP4 may indeed need replacing. The problems you are having are not any I've seen on quite a few I support. It should still be in warranty from Microsoft.

dantheflyingman

Welcome to the forum

Your SP4 may indeed need replacing. The problems you are having are not any I've seen on quite a few I support. It should still be in warranty from Microsoft.
Thanks for the quick responce, I've made another more formal post asking for suggestions, but just on the replacement

Thanks for the quick response, i made the other thread as a more formal way of getting some suggestions, the post here was more sort of spammy, (Somewhat ragey) just on the topic of replacement, would it be possible to get a refund for the device as its definitely not performing as advertised and others are having similar issues, or would they opt to replace the device the first time?

Thanks again
Daniel

leeshor

Any refund would need to come from where you purchased it.

When you say other are having the same issues I contend that the number must be relatively small. Most of the people on the forum came because they had a question or a problem. All the people I know who have SP4s (12 and counting), have nearly perfectly operating devices and don't even know about this forum as they had no issue to research.

My only issues with my SP4 were in the first 2 days back in October. I have since been recommending them to my customers.

Zkyevolved

I had the sleep issue up until the update last month. Other than that I've been very happy with my device, except for battery life. Battery life is more than acceptable (between 5-6 hours with Balanced mode), but of course, who wouldn't love longer battery life? I say this from a very standard usage of browsing in a few tabs, working on a document or powerpoint presentation. The days I push hard, like a lot of multitasking, music, bluetooth everything connected, it runs well. In fact, I have been now 6 days without turning my desktop on because my SP4 is so good at all my basic stuff, I don't need my desktop! All I do is connect my usb hub which has my keyboard and mouse adapter (that microsoft one that comes with the sculpt set), I got a gigabit ethernet usb adapter which is awesome for speed for working over the network, and any other USB things I must connect. I also have a MDP to HDMI adapter for my monitor which really makes productivity awesome. Yesterday I used the 2 screens at the same time to keep OneNote open on the bottom screen and on the top a web browser and an app to copy and paste text into it to send to other people. Awesome :)

I am really happy with the SP4- but of course there are bugs here and there. My partner's SP3 last week had the funniest little bug: High CPU Usage Caused by Windows Shell Experience Host. easy enough fix but strange this stuff happens every once in a while, right? Oh well! Give me a SP any vs an iPad or Android tablet! I love running all my standard apps, connecting to monitors, all my USB stuff connects!

<3 my Surface!

I sensed this person was a troll, and he eventually confirmed it when he said: "
Also, the Microsoft Store is so poor in the apps library that i can't even find a decent PDF reader where i could add and personalize my own library. Something that could at least be 50% of what IBooks is.

In other words, he came here a fan of iPad ... and to trash the competition. The real evidence came before that, as he outlines a list of technical issues that nobody else is having a problem with. He would have been more convincing if he had stuck with the issues that have been widely documented. Nothing to see here, folks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.