What's new

Surface Pro 4 Lot Numbers

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Typically lot numbers are Year and Week... ie 1542 would be year 2015 week 42. not sure what ones with 16 in the first two digits represent... unless we have a time warp ;)

Zkyevolved

i5/128
2015 = 45th week.
Yes, I'm having issues with sleep / wake up. And battery drain while sleeping.

Microsoft is pretty stupid if you ask me. I wanted to add MS Complete, but they wouldn't let me order it with my pre-order, so they said I'd have to add it afterwards. They wouldn't let me add it to an order which was a pre-order. 6 phone calls later I had to place a new order, return the one I have now (listed above) and in the end they gave me a discount off of the whole package.

Anyways, I'll repost when I get the NEW surface with its lot / date.

5Mike5

i5/256/8 (model# 1724) lot #1544

From Day 1: Light bleed along bottom of screen when background is black with brightness turned up in a dark room.

The photo below demonstrates problem with Brightness at full against a black background in an unlit room at night. I plan to return the Surface for another unit once I'm convinced that the odds are in my favour of getting a good unit rather than another bad.

See photo of issue here:
1Q0p0RY

( ExampleLightBleedSP4i58GB.jpg )

saidgta

i5/256/8 (model# 1724) lot #1544

From Day 1: Light bleed along bottom of screen when background is black with brightness turned up in a dark room.

The photo below demonstrates problem with Brightness at full against a black background in an unlit room at night. I plan to return the Surface for another unit once I'm convinced that the odds are in my favour of getting a good unit rather than another bad.

See photo of issue here:
1Q0p0RY

( ExampleLightBleedSP4i58GB.jpg )
All of surface pro 4s has this problem. I tried 2 and both has this issue...perhaps,this is normal!!

5Mike5

All of surface pro 4s has this problem. I tried 2 and both has this issue...perhaps,this is normal!!

Neither my Surface Pro 3 (now sold as of today) nor my Surface 3 bleed under the same conditions (or at all) - however that being said, the brightness on the 3s don't go up as high as the SP4.

If everyone is seeing this bleed on their SP4, maybe it is the cost we must pay for having a thinner bezel and higher resolution display in the same form factor as the SP3 as the issue isn't noticeable under normal circumstances and can be managed to an extent by turning down the brightness when viewing in the dark.

I just don't want it to affect the value of my SP4 when it comes time to resale it when the SP5 comes out. :)

TommyTuna

Returned my previous Lot 1542 and got a Lot 1543 with Samsung SSD (i5/256). It is MUCH more stable. Not one bluescreen in 4 days. Previously I had two lot 1542 machines that were bluescreening atleast once a day.

I still have the odd video driver stoppage issue (but doesn't blue screen) and the odd wake up issue. But I am a much happier customer now..

susanrr

i5/256/8 - Lot # 1542

I am starting to have the display driver crash and reset. Touch screen takes a couple of touches to get it to work and the touchpad have some of the same issues as the screen.