What's new

Surface Pro 4 Signature Type Cover - New

cmergel

I bought the finger print keyboard when I got my SP4 and I don't use it. I use the Windows Hello. Go figure! I might buy the new one down the road when this one wears out. New signature keyboard really looks great. If I were buying new again I would definitely get that one.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
My type cover was looking used and abused - I broke out my suede shoe cleaner / refresher and brushed away the build up. Made it look brand new and managed to get rid of a coffee stain it had gained. Works great - Just a little FYI.

brncao

20160512_161645[1].jpg
20160512_163332[1].jpg

I really am liking the new signature type cover. The color matches the tablet and pen. Unlike the others, it's not a boring monochromatic color--the two-tone gray gives it a more natural look like a stone marble. The underside has a really velvet-esque texture. Lastly, the back-light compliments the two-tone gray color (the low-light photo seems to over-saturate the back-light, but it's much gentler than that). No regrets on this purchase!

ScottyS

I looked at one at a MS store last weekend. The outer side was soft and beautiful but I felt the type side looks and feels like cardboard. That plus no finger print reader makes it a no go for me.:(

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well ok, so how is it? How is it different from the other "normal" type covers? Any thing that stands out? How easy (or not) is it to clean? Thanks in advance.
The fabric Alcantara is impressive, the top is smooth and the bottom is like ultrasuede, it is holding up well so far, cleans easily enough and builds a patina over time....

kristalsoldier

The fabric Alcantara is impressive, the top is smooth and the bottom is like ultrasuede, it is holding up well so far, cleans easily enough and builds a patina over time....

Thanks. I am particularly interested in knowing how two spots are - where the edge of the palms rest while typing. You see, with the Type Covers I have used right from the RT days, probably because I use the Type Covers a lot, I notice there is always a discolouration at those two spots. I try to wipe it down with baby wipes, and it goes away but it returns and over time those patches remain. I wonder if the same thing happens on this new Type Cover. If it does not, I am on my way to the (online) store!

Edit: And, this patina (which I understand to be "a shiny or dark surface that forms naturally on something...that is used for a long time") forms on the underside? In this connection, do you notice two "patina spots" forming where your palms rest on the Type Cover?

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I am particularly interested in knowing how two spots are - where the edge of the palms rest while typing. You see, with the Type Covers I have used right from the RT days, probably because I use the Type Covers a lot, I notice there is always a discolouration at those two spots. I try to wipe it down with baby wipes, and it goes away but it returns and over time those patches remain. I wonder if the same thing happens on this new Type Cover. If it does not, I am on my way to the (online) store!

Edit: And, this patina (which I understand to be "a shiny or dark surface that forms naturally on something...that is used for a long time") forms on the underside? In this connection, do you notice two "patina spots" forming where your palms rest on the Type Cover?
It gets darker but still blends with the rest of the cover...it is much easier to take care of overall....

macmee

I like the colour on this guy. Generally I like the SP4 covers better than the SP3. If the finger cover works with the SP3 then people with that device should buy it.