What's new

Surface pro 4 Slow Wifi issues

gtmead09

So after doing the registry fix, everything was good until yesterday. Then suddenly I started to get disconnects and it got so bad it was minutes apart. I have now set my router to a/n mixed from a/n/ac mixed. Since then, things seem stable again.

OP
Seneleron

Seneleron

I wouldn't rely on the speeds to update dynamically correctly.
Well that's just it, but instead of the NUMBER not dynamically updating, my WiFi was actually limiting my speed.

As in at home I have 300 Mb down, and was seeing download speeds of about 14Mb. Disabling/re-enabling resolves, but only until you move away again.

For All I know at this point, though, it could be resolved. I'm in the middle of a 2 week Business trip, so no way to check the latest updates to see if it's fixed ><

gtmead09

Just for the record, switching the mode on mine didn't help. 5 GHz still acting up. Waiting on Microsoft for a fix, sigh.

What I don't get is that SP3 has the EXACT same WiFi as SP4 yet SP3 doesn't have any issues at all. My router can even provide all of my 300 Mbps via WiFi from my SP3.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I don't get is that SP3 has the EXACT same WiFi as SP4 yet SP3 doesn't have any issues at all. My router can even provide all of my 300 Mbps via WiFi from my SP3.
The latest update fixed my SP3, now it's like my SP4 and I had to disable TxAMSDU on the SP3 also.

MaxBuck

I've taken advantage of my ASUS router's 5 Gz band to connect, and my slow connection problems have vanished. The regedit solution didn't work at all for me.