What's new

Surface Pro 4 Sound Issue?

PsyenceXST

Hi, i just received my surface pro 4 and it has an issue where when i turn the volume up to a certain level the sound only comes from one side of the spro4 as it gets louder, then it goes stereo and then goes quieter. Does this sound like a software or hardware issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

go88mph

Not having the problem you're having, but I am having an issue where if I go to enter a search, the first key button pressed (in tablet mode) will produce a popping sound. Wondering if you or anyone else is experiencing this.

creightoncarr

I get popping sounds too. I think I have seen posts by others with the same issue. I assume it is a driver issue, but I have not spent much time investigating.

Torb

I actually notice the same on my surface pro 4 (Even after all the recent updates). I've tried two machines with the same behavior.
The best way to provoke this is to adjust the volume button with the cursor (You hear it best at high volume). I also hear the popping sound while playing piano apps etc. Its not much, but noticeable

Others with the same "issue"?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, i just received my surface pro 4 and it has an issue where when i turn the volume up to a certain level the sound only comes from one side of the spro4 as it gets louder, then it goes stereo and then goes quieter. Does this sound like a software or hardware issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.
"sound only comes from one side of the spro4 as it gets louder, then it goes stereo and then goes quieter"

Hmm are you saying both side come on at a certain volume level then cuts out again or both get quieter?