What's new

Surface Pro 4 - wishlists!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No 64 GB units. Make the low end 128 GB. High end 1 TB - No price increases.

Solve the startup problems before its released this time, don't make the customers suffer through another six months of firmware and driver updates this time around. Because lets face it, there will be more Win 10 and Office updates than Quaker has Oates, that should be enough punishment for anyone.

Win 10 wish:
Jettison all the unnecessary legacy code ala RC4 weak encryption and Lanman auth. Don't make me list it all, you know I will. :) If there's a question leave it out there on the download site under the heading: Legacy crap/code you shouldn't be using. :rolleyes:

CrippsCorner

No, AT&T will not allow it for grandfathered unlimited data plans like I have. Don't want to lose that for the Surface. Give us a 4G so we can final get what Ipads have had for a long time now. Those Ipad people get $10 per month and we can't.

That sucks, but I've often heard that the US gets a raw deal on things like this compared to the UK... at least we have the advantage in one area! For now.

B

B'midbar

No 64 GB units. Make the low end 128 GB. High end 1 TB - No price increases.
<snip>

Not a chance on the "no price increases." Any extra storage or memory EVERY manufacturer takes the opportunity to double or triple the price of what the hardware would go for on the street AND with the inability to upgrade ourselves they will pillage and plunder if they do, in fact, come out with a 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD unit, most certainly on the latter.

cmcigas

Core i5/7.. Im waiting to buy my first surface since the SP2 and if it has a Core M I am going to buy the SP3... I get people want fanless and more battery but you might just want to go buy a real tablet then. Microsoft is selling it as a laptop killer but is taking a huge step back if they put a Core M in this thing, very few laptops have or going to have the Core M. If they were smart they should wait for Skylake.

Performance > Battery

Its easier to fill up a battery than get more performance.

Microsoft announced their new "Windows Hello" today. So perhaps SP4 will feature some biometric sensors like fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, infrared facial recognition, etc.

cmcigas

Microsoft announced their new "Windows Hello" today. So perhaps SP4 will feature some biometric sensors like fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, infrared facial recognition, etc.

if thats the case SP4 with skylake towards the end of the year seems to be more likley, yay!

B

B'midbar

Microsoft announced their new "Windows Hello" today. So perhaps SP4 will feature some biometric sensors like fingerprint scanner [doubtful], iris scanner [maybe], infrared facial recognition [doubtful], etc.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fingerprints... this could be integrated right into the screen for multiple fingerprint detection using one or two of five/four (n of x technique) or like what Qualcomm developed that reads deep into the finger not just the surface which would be very difficult to forge.

Iris scanning, facial recognition, infrared can all be integrated into the front camera or cameras if they were to employ the Intel 3D technology.

Bring some of this stuff out of the research lab, it will generate excitement, and even if it's not perfect the benefits will outweigh doing nothing.

CrippsCorner

Add Cortana.

Your wish is Microsofts command!

pwwgfrym3avsmzgba18y.jpg

Jasmine

I agree with a lot of the posts already made (a reliable pen holder, cheaper starting price, etc...), so other than that I'd really like the pink type cover to be brought back. I'm hoping the SP4 gets different type cover colors than the S3 (heck, a girl can dream!) because they took away purple too! It's like MS isn't thinking about "feminine" colors at all. (Yeah there's the cyan, but pink and purple appeal to women more. The pink type cover is actually one of the reasons I bought my SP2.)