What's new

Surface Pro 5 Discussion

jrioux

...What I am looking for is a Touch Cover type of a cover but with none of the circuitry that comes with it. It just should attach itself to the Surface and be just a cover protecting the screen which can be folded over when being used as a tablet without feeling squishing keys under one's fingers in that mode.
All we need to find is a Chinese manufacturer who thinks that there's a market to design a cover that will attach to the bottom of a surface and will flip over when not in use.

kristalsoldier

All we need to find is a Chinese manufacturer who thinks that there's a market to design a cover that will attach to the bottom of a surface and will flip over when not in use.

At this point, I really don't care. Anyone coming up with a good solution at a reasonable price will get my business! I really want something like that.

cmcigas

Are there any rumors on the SP5 release date? I have seen a Q1 rumor but not sure if there are anymore.

Also any rumors on USB-C?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
More resistance to shattering of the display. That's a serious problem with the current models.

Really? I've rarely read about people shattering their display other than through blunt trauma to the device I.e dropping it off to a hard surface, which will shatter pretty much any display technology on the market.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So just to clear up the rumor mill - those who know anything are under NDA and can't comment - everything else is speculation at best and click-bait at worse...those who knew about the Surface Studio kept quiet....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So is that just another Fake News story?
Possibly - The author is out of India and put a string of unrelated quotes together to write the story...The Surface Team has very tight security with each different part having its own set of code names so they can track down any leaks very quickly.

CrippsCorner

I have heard elsewhere that it shall be a March reveal with a May release... so yeah, who knows! There does seem to be quite a few rumours coming together around the same sort of date though (which would be perfect for me) so let's hope :)

ScottyS

Yeah, well my step son has practically run my hand-me-down SP into the ground so this spring will be good for me to get a new SP5 and hand him down my SP3;)