What's new

Surface Pro 7 or Surface Pro X ?

abramzayed123

Hi Guys,

I have my Microsoft Surface 3 for the past 2 years now, and ready to move on. Is the Surface Pro 7 a good replacement, and not too big?

Or should I go with Surface Pro X. Please let me know.

Thanks!!!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys,

I have my Microsoft Surface 3 for the past 2 years now, and ready to move on. Is the Surface Pro 7 a good replacement, and not too big?

Or should I go with Surface Pro X. Please let me know.

Thanks!!!
I went the Surface Pro X, just confirm it will run everything you want to run as it is an ARM64 system and runs ARM/ARM64 apps great, but legacy Win32 Apps are limited to the 32bit version and runs emulation and running many can negatively impact battery life.

If you use Office and Web Apps, then it's great and I love mine. I run my entire org off mine, I use 14-16 hours a day and get 8-10 hours of battery life. I'm getting my car serviced this morning and posting this using the Pro X's LTE to stay connected.

kojack

Jnjroach, Can you develop on wix using the X? I know using edge on my ipad and samsung android tablet I cannot edit sites using wix. Also, will all features of your phone using samsung phones work on the X?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Jnjroach, Can you develop on wix using the X? I know using edge on my ipad and samsung android tablet I cannot edit sites using wix. Also, will all features of your phone using samsung phones work on the X?
I've never used Wix so I signed up to see and yes, their editor works on the Chromium Edge Browser -

1598280230979.png

And Your Phone on the SPX supports all of the functionality with my Note 10+

kojack

PERFECT. That makes my choice much easier now. I don't mind not being able to do my clothing line on the x but being able to take care of my clients websites, and mine is a huge deal for when we are on the road travelling. I think I see a new Pro X in my future. Thanks.

kojack

I don't use it personally but it has an ARM version in the MS store so it should work well...
Thanks again, I could not see where it stated if it were arm or not. I can remember seeing it in the store on different apps etc previously, but could not find it there.