What's new

Surface Pro and LG 34UM95 (3440x1440)

Nikki

Hello everyone.

A few weeks ago, I googled for statements concerning the compatibility of the SP1 and the LG 34UM95 as the LG's resolution of 3440x1440 ppx is officially not supported by the Intel HD4000. Sadly, I couldn't find anything.

However, with the Surface Pro 3 arriving in less than two weeks in Germany (I already pre-ordered one) and a quite nice offer for the 34UM95, I ordered one two days ago... It arrived today. Right after plugging it in the SP1 via DisplayPort, the native resolution of 3440x1440 was instantly working :). Sadly, it is only outputting it at 50 Hz - but that should be fine for the next two weeks.

Attachments

• surfaceforums.jpg
    surfaceforums.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,982

InfiniteLurker

Hello everyone.

A few weeks ago, I googled for statements concerning the compatibility of the SP1 and the LG 34UM95 as the LG's resolution of 3440x1440 ppx is officially not supported by the Intel HD4000. Sadly, I couldn't find anything.

However, with the Surface Pro 3 arriving in less than two weeks in Germany (I already pre-ordered one) and a quite nice offer for the 34UM95, I ordered one two days ago... It arrived today. Right after plugging it in the SP1 via DisplayPort, the native resolution of 3440x1440 was instantly working :). Sadly, it is only outputting it at 50 Hz - but that should be fine for the next two weeks.

I've been contemplating getting the 34UM95, how is the Surface Pro 3 working with it for you?