What's new

Surface Pro Available on Feb 9th.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Finally! I guess the release date was to be made in January and the actual availability is February 9, 2013 (on line and at the MS Store and both Staples and Best Buy). This is within their specified time of approximately 90 days after the Surface RT release.

Also good news for those around the world:

Surface Windows RT is already available for purchase in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, and the United States and this announcement will expand its availability to 13 additional markets worldwide. New markets in the coming weeks include:

· Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Bonus:

We’ve taken a lot of customer and retailer feedback into consideration and are happy to announce the 64 GB Surface Windows RT standalone version, not bundled with a black Touch Cover.

Last edited:

Omni

I want the cyan touch cover with the skulls!!! Hope it becomes available in the UK!

Ashles

Quite annoying there is still no release date outside the US. I wonder if one can be bought for import?

Afy

I guess one could have it shipped from the US and pay import duties et al. A bit of a disappointment.

Russ

I will be parking my butt in front of Best Buy before it opens on the 9th! Can't wait!

JN --

There may be another choice. When Surface RT availability was announced, I pre-ordered one thru the Microsoft store (shipping was free). It was delivered to my door, early on the morning it became available in the stores. So, I had my RT in hand before I could even have gotten to the store.

I plan to do the same for the Pro.

Take care,
Russ