What's new

Surface Pro Available on Feb 9th.

jneikum

StarLog --

I do recall that part of the Surface RT pre-order info was its delivery promise. Look for that with the Pro.

Thanks Russ! Although by now I would have expected a pre-order date to have been announced. Since they are releasing it across several stores and not just their own environments at launch I would be surprised if they go the pre-order route with the Pro.

jneikum

I'm lucky enough to have both a Best Buy and a Staples in the same shopping center just a few miles from my house. Just hoping the kids from the college aren't pining for it like I am!

Towering Shadow

So basically, if you order your Surface Pro online on the 9th, at the earliest, you probably won't get it until the 16th. Maybe they will have an option for fast delivery but I doubt it.

At the price point Microsoft has set for the Pro, do you think the stores will sell out on the 1st day?

jneikum

At the price point Microsoft has set for the Pro, do you think the stores will sell out on the 1st day?

Where I am at I would expect it to. There are colleges in the towns on either side of the stores, and we aren't in a major city area. I'm expecting a small amount of product to be shipped to the stores near me and an unproportionally high demand. I'm not taking any chances. The closest MS Store is 3 hours away from me!

Agave Azul

StarLog --

I know that FedEx delivers on Saturday. UPS varies by region.

I will offer up my knowledge pertaining to which carriers...

The i5 phone , iPad , and iPadMini were all split up between carriers, internet subscription providers (ie : AT/T, Verizo, Sprint for example) based up who you use and who you order it thru.

It is my opinion that Apple did this in order to prevent any massive in transit delays, as well as providing service companies options to their customers.

I will assume Microsoft will eventully follow the same paths....

Darkvette07

You can go to the Microsoft store and get a reservation pass to guarantee that they will have a surface pro for you on February 9th. I went today and received mine and will be at the store on February 9th to pick mine up.

jneikum

You can go to the Microsoft store and get a reservation pass to guarantee that they will have a surface pro for you on February 9th. I went today and received mine and will be at the store on February 9th to pick mine up.

It would be great if Best Buy would offer the same. No Microsoft stores anywhere near me!