What's new

Solved Surface pro bricked

Rio_Kylar

Hi, I recently bought a second hand surface pro 1 and I tried to update it to W10. While updating I accidentally shut the tablet down and now its stuck in the ''just a moment'' screen. Tried downloading the recovery image on the microsoft site but it always fails around 70%. (IDM also doesn't work for some reason)

So I was wondering if anyone could help by giving recommendations or send me a link for the recovery image. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

EDIT: From AU

Last edited:

ScottyS

Hi, I recently bought a second hand surface pro 1 and I tried to update it to W10. While updating I accidentally shut the tablet down and now its stuck in the ''just a moment'' screen. Tried downloading the recovery image on the microsoft site but it always fails around 70%. (IDM also doesn't work for some reason)

So I was wondering if anyone could help by giving recommendations or send me a link for the recovery image. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Are you trying to reset from a recovery image on a USB drive?
Do you have a mSD card in the slot? That's been known to cause resetting to get stuck.

OP
R

Rio_Kylar

Are you trying to reset from a recovery image on a USB drive?
Do you have a mSD card in the slot? That's been known to cause resetting to get stuck.

Yes i'm trying to reset from a USB drive but can't download the image as it always fails.

There's no microSD card in the slot.

If anyone can give a link for the recovery image (mega, torrent) it would be much appreciated.

ScottyS

I already used that one before..like I said the download always stop around 70% and fails..tried on firefox and IE. On chrome it won't even download and IDM can't catch the link either
Oh. I gotcha now. Sorry:( Perhaps someone else has an answer:rolleyes:

Plantje

And you can't download it from any computer? I think someone here should be able to provide you those files.

OP
R

Rio_Kylar

And you can't download it from any computer? I think someone here should be able to provide you those files.

I don't have any spare computers to use, and trying to download from different browsers hasn't worked. Yeah i'm hoping someone here might be able to provide me the files.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try disabling IPv6 on the network adapter or try using a VPN service as it might allow you to bypass ISP interference.

OP
R

Rio_Kylar

Try disabling IPv6 on the network adapter or try using a VPN service as it might allow you to bypass ISP interference.

Tried using Tor browser. Stopped at 6gb the first time and somehow manage to fully download it the second time. No idea why this happens but thanks.