What's new

Surface Pro Deal of the Year

seyclone

I've been pretty happy with my Surface Pro 3 (i5-128Gig-4Gig Win 10.1). However 3 or 4 weeks ago, I received an email from Micro Center promoting a deal on a Surface Pro 4 i7- 256Gig- 8Gig, with Surface Pro keyboard for $995.00. I figured that I could get ~$350.00 on Ebay. The numbers looked good. In this case, procrastinating was not my friend. The deal was gone. Someone suggested taking the ad to Staples where they are offering 110% of the difference from their price to the advertised price. In this case, $1599 at Staples, vs $995 at Micro center.

I went into Staples with the ad on my phone and they agreed to meet the price. The computer came in the next day and keyboard came in the day after. Big surprise! - the computer was a Surface Pro. That's another step up in in performance and battery life.

I have a copy of Laplink PC Transfer. I did the transfer of files and apps from one to the other, and I'm good to go. Couple of things had to be done manually.

convergent

To be clear, you are saying the matched the price of an SP4 with the new 2017 SP? If so, you did get the deal of the year.

OP
seyclone

seyclone

To be clear, you are saying the matched the price of an SP4 with the new 2017 SP? If so, you did get the deal of the year.

You got that right! I really think that they screwed up in shipping the Pro instead of the Pro-4. It's also partially Microsoft's fault. They probably should have called it the Pro-5. On the downside, the Pro doesn't come standard with the pen. But I never used the pen on the Pro-3 in the couple of years that I had it.