What's new

Surface Pro downgraded to accessory status...

CrippsCorner

Well, for one thing, of course they are going to say that since they are now selling "devices". However, there are many compelling arguments for not creating a SPII. Basically it isn't necessary. Yes, I can see smaller versions of the Surface running Windows 8 with atom (or something like it), but the SPII?

You have to ask yourself, why?

1) Will MS earn a profit from it? Probably not.
2) Will it help to make people adopt Windows 8 as the SP1 was intended to do? Probably not.

So if the SPII doesn't earn a profit on it's own and doesn't sell more software, what purpose does it serve to the Shareholders of MS? Face it, the economies of scale for a company like MS to build expensive hardware devices like the SP suck. I believe they will keep selling tablets (at a loss) just like Amazon sells Kindles (at a loss) to push content, but the SPII? Don't see it.

If that's the case then I fear for the longevity of this forum lol...

Nuspieds

Think about it. Two keynotes at BUILD and not a peep about SP2? I am more convinced than ever there will be no SP2.
You know what? I'm glad there was no SP v2 discussion. It's too early!!! :)

The SP was just released in February; it is now July! I can tolerate .1 incremental releases in the meantime (i.e., SP with 256GB, etc.), but wait until end of year to talk about v2 and what's coming in (around Feb.) 2014. :)