What's new

Surface Pro Eye Strain and Headaches. Please help

arbj

Here are some suggestions for reducing eye strain

1. If you use the SPro in your office mostly, then try connecting to a larger external monitor, the monitor should be placed at eye level, ie: you should be looking straight ahead at the monitor rather than bending over it.

2. If possible use an external keyboard/mouse, this must be placed just above your lap level, so basically your hands will be resting comfortably on the sides while using the keyboard.

3. Ensure the chair you sit on, has a straight back, browse through the internet, there are many medical sites that provide tips on selecting the right chair.

4. You may also have to place a low intensity light on the backside of the monitor this reduces eye strain especially if your office is dark.

The Spro is mostly designed for mobility rather than office use, a laptop may be slightly better in this respect but even then some basic changes as suggested above would be required.

Eye strain and headache associated with laptops and electronic devices should not be ignored, as this can lead to chronic issues. There are many sites in the internet which suggest remedies for improving these conditions

thanks
a

SLR

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a used surface pro 1 gen , i5/4gb/256gb. I had it for about 2 weeks. I like how it is small with a lot of power. I just upgraded to windows 10. However, I am getting headaches and eye strain. Can anyone help me or give me advice? Thank you...
Your eye strain is probably because the screen resolution is so high and the text so small compared to your prior machine. That combined with Microsoft's stupid interface changes to Office 365 and 2016 make it difficult to see the screen from a reasonable working distance unless you are very young with very good eyes. The new office icons are very minimal and hard to read and the contrast is low unless you change to the high contrast settings which make everything too bold. I connect my Surface Pro to a monitor whenever I can and even to my large iPad Pro via an app called duet.

Turbo4AWD

No eye strain here, but I leave it up to the light sensor to determine how bright the screen should be for me. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but most of the time it is correct. If not, then I just swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap on the Windows 10 brightness button to see if "suggested" or "brighter" or "brightest" etc is good for me.

Eye strain from extended use just means you need to take a break and look away for a moment before looking back at the screen. IMO