What's new

Surface Pro Firmware Update Issues

ltcbob11

I have downloaded and installed all of the updates, to include the Firmware update. When I look at Device Manager, I see the yellow caution flag under Firmware. Specifically the "Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware" is flagged. The General tab states that "This device cannot start" .

A quick look at update history shows that this update failed. Have uninstalled, restarted, etc. no solution.

Any ideas?

Michael_B

That's strange... no yellow indicator here. I am showing the driver for that device is v1.4.17232.0

Nothing odd happened during the update? How many reboots did you have?

HD_Dude

This is a tough one.

So far, half the updates failed - and after a restart it's knocked out my Wedge Mouse....won't work, and it can't find it after I remove it and try to add it again.

Just tried another restart, and now it's just hanging on the 'restarting' screen....

Jay Slasher

I still get the warning triangle, however I don't seem to have any noticeable issues... Bluetooth mouse and everything else seems to be working normally.

prscarp

You could try to roll back the device with the error then reboot your PC and check Windows update again. It should redownload the update.

souldier

Just did the full update. Everything working completely fine, no yellow flags in device manager. Loving the full flash support for IE 10