What's new

Surface Pro Firmware Update Issues

daov

You may have to completely delete the drivers during the uninstall as well. I'm not certain if an uninstall in this way would inadvertently affect the bootup process or irreparably harm the firmware though. I'm one of the guys at CrashCtrl so we are working to get the new firmware drivers posted as well.

You can pull them from the driver repository and try to reinstall. They are here:

c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository

Do a search for "surface" in that directory. The top three results will be the drivers:

surfaceprosam, surfaceprouefi, surfaceproec

diggumsmax

Different issue here. This update bricked my stylus. It was plugged in when I started the update then I unplugged it and plugged in the charger while it was updating. Didn't think that would cause any issues but I think it did. Can't even use the stylus for touch screen, just to select stuff.

EDIT: Ok, after signing out, signing into different accounts, rebooting, shutting down all multiple time it just started working. Weird, but I will take it. (Probably rebooted 3 times, shut down 4 or 5)

Last edited:

The Toy Man

Different issue here. This update bricked my stylus. It was plugged in when I started the update then I unplugged it and plugged in the charger while it was updating. Didn't think that would cause any issues but I think it did. Can't even use the stylus for touch screen, just to select stuff.

The pen of my Surface Pro no longer works.

diggumsmax

My fix for the stylus issue was essentially messing around till all the sudden it started working. I recommend a combo of rebooting and shutting down. The time I got it to work I THINK I shut it off, waited about 3 minutes then powered it back on and it worked. Hopefully this will fix the problems others have been having as well.

Last edited:

polbit

ok, the 5th or so reboot fixed the pen issue, but the Aggregator triangle is still there... On the chat with MS now

OP
L

ltcbob11

Problem solved. Ended up restoring way back to version a few weeks ago. Then installed windows updates and finally firmware. The two optional updates will not install, but ...